1. STAR GAZING has won a maiden race and has raced in higher class, gets lots of ordinary types to tackle. UNIVERSAL JOY ran a bit improved race last time and has been tracked thereafter, bound to be tried now. ACE OF DIAMOND may run well. STELLA at low weights has some credentials, had flopped as a favourite in Pune.
STAR GAZING-UNIVERSAL JOY-STELLA.
2. Indian Derby hopeful JEREMIAH has been kept in trim and should run at cramped odds in this small field. ASTAPI the training partner of the other hopeful for Derby. ALAINDAIR will be ridden out well so that the trainer can get the idea of the opponent’s capabilities.
3. MESMERIC led in and ran a blinder last time and is a youngster who should put up a winning performance under the new foreign rider. VAILE ROUGE was so near to winning last time, has been penalised. BRAVE FIGHTER is a candidate for place . JEN’S SECRET has a stiff handicap. MIDNIGHT LADY has a better rider after an average run.
MESMERIC-VAILE ROUGE-BRAVE FIGHTER.
4. PRESENCE has run with big names in last years session, has not been worked and should go for a run only. RAJSAMMAN who shaped like a winner should make amends now . STAR BENEVOLENT who finished on well despite going wide to outer track has been given a couple of mocks. PERITOMORENO has been worked nicely, may be fancied.
5. LEOTHEFIERCEHORSE has tracked well for two months and should run with pace. FIESTY LASS was a late finisher, should improve. FRANKANELLA is working well and is well bred. KOALAA is bound to do well after the good run and the work jockey repeats fore small time trainer. LADYBIRD is a got abroad who is tracking very well and should be favoured to win.
6. AMISTAAD is the youngster for consideration over ideal distance but his level was exposed by GHAZAL KING who donkey licked him in last run. To me the two elders in AIGAION and BELMONT should be the ones to fight out, the former was a flying finisher who lost due to late rally and the bottom weighted BELMONT who found a resurgent JANIS JAY difficult to overtake near the post in last run.
7. Age and weight are against the champion sprinter NEFYN who has been well prepared and gets the international rider. DANCING PHOENIX showed that he has matured well and last win over extra yards was awesome, all ahve to catch him. ISHPINGO is a sprinter of repute who has more favourable terms this time. SHARARAT has reeled off wins in last few runs, may improve.
8. SHYGIRL has been trimmed up for the event, to me has weight against but I admire the fact often blogged by SHAM , the fine man that watch out for horses of an owner who is footing the million race on the particular day.FONTAINBLEAU is a well bred who has been extensively tracked. GRAND DUKE has credentials to do well over the ideal trip. ARCHIMEDES has run up against btwo good types GHAZAL KING and OPEN WISH when favour to win both runs, time the top trainer gives a good winner to owners other than the fashionable ones and his relatives. Narredu has a tough job on bottom weighted and poorly bred SUPERLICIOUS, gates are against also.
9. CROWNED PRINCESS has a handicap chance to do well. GANGANAM STYLE is a well bred who has been given a run. BLIND DATE is in form and working well. GRAN AMIGO should be fancied for the sire and good forward speed. SHOCKALOT may shock. HOME FACTOR should place any day.
BLIND DATE-GRAN AMIGO-HOME FACTOR.
DOUBLE--------MESMERIC X LADYBIRD