1. AL SHAMSHEER was ridden badly as he could not be controlled by the diminutive rider and went wide, has top weight as a negative. SHINING PATH is a good miler, has been tracking regularly after a useful run. SATELLITE upheld the dams glorious name with a fluent win and should be favored to repeat. GLORIOUS REWARD and VIXEN were both strong finishers, the later has a good rider switch. EPHIALITIES led well but could not stay, going to run with hope at low weights.
EPHIALITIES/ SHINING PATH-PLACE.
2. The race should be confined to the two good sprinters in SENORITA EVITA and SPIDER MAN. The former had won last time very convincingly and will be able to handle the winners penalty . The later will seek revenge as the weight difference is much more comfortable and the rider is much better, however the later has not been tracked at all whereas the former is showing plenty of speed and looks much improved. RAVELLO at low weights may be considered for form. IN THE LIMELIGHT is the record holder sprinter who has a chance to upset as last run was good.
IN THE LIMELIGHT-PLACE.
3. MOGADISHU ran green as a favorite, has shown sharp tracks since, will run well now. WARPATH is by a good sire who was a prolific winner and a stout miler, has been given an easy outing, looks much improved in tracks. DAYTONA is from the top sire and looks in forward condition after the easy maiden outing. SACRED FIRE has solid staying bloodlines and was done in by a slow getaway last time. SWEEP ASIDE is working nicely for the trainer who is trying to find his feet in his job after suspension.
MOGADISHU/ SACRED FIRE.
4. GREY MIST races once a season, looks tough at top weight irrespective of the secret preparation. IN MY LIFE has been working nicely, was a forward runner. MUMBAI KING is down a lot and may upset in this suspect field. GYAHANA ran a very suggestive race, has been worked. ROCKING looks a tryer, can sprint up front. ROCK THE TURF has the rider repeating after a try run.
ROCKING/ IN MY LIFE-PLACE.
5. YOUR ROYAL MAJESTY is on the up, looks in top fettle from works, looks weak on comparison. DESERT WINGS who conceded too much weight is now much better placed than in last race. POLYDENCES had won easily in race 20, the distance is ideal, is showing speedy tracks. TAMMY O is sprinter but ran well enough to merit a glance even here after last run. FIBONACCI SEQUENCE is on the up, has to beat the better types to get hat trick, looks tough on handicap.
DESERT WINGS/ YOUR ROYAL MAJESTY-PLACE.
6. MIDNIGHT DANCER showed out in a flourishing win, step up in distance is steep, may stay. DANSE DEBONAIR is in fine form and likes the long trips. SAPORELLI shaped well but was beaten close home, is suspect over this trip. BETHPAGE was a fighting 2nd to CENTAURUS, can do well in this class over such a long race. CASINO JACK was creeping up in stable mates win. SECRET MISSION has ideal handicap, the rookie has to judge the pace well.
MIDNIGHT DANCER/DANSE DEBONAIR-PLACE.
7. BOLD APPEAL belongs to the rapacious owner whose horses are targeted for big stakes, the horse is from the most exciting freshman sire this year and he is showing very attractive tracks. COLOMBIANA was beaten by one of the top juveniles here and should fight out. KYOTO is from a black type mare and has been very forward in tracks, will do well now. PHOENIX FIRE is from the precocious sire and was a late finisher. STATERIA is a failed favorite, has a tougher field to tackle.
8. Much has been written about BE SAFE and he stands head above on most counts, performance, rating, turn of foot , preparation and a top international sire. He will run at cramped odds and the general public will have little to cheer if he wins as predicted by many racing pundits months ago. The soft spots to me are Hype, an average performed dam, the first run over Derby distance and the greed of the owner. The ones who merit look for putting up a fight are multi Derby winner BOLD MAJESTY & QUASAR, Oaks winner TIGER TOPS, earlier conqueror of the favorite SHIVALIK STORM and the ones from top trainer P Shroff. I personally expect the nicely prepared and bred to stay till cows come home type ILLIDAN to run a big race. One last sentence is that TREVOR PATEL who is perhaps at the peak in his profession and is one of the best riders in the country does not find a mount here?
9. EARL GREY is sparingly raced , had finished well, top weight is against. WITHOUT FEAR is a forward runner with a rookie. ALETA had nearly won with this rider at this level in Pune. BLACKBEAN is showing out with fast work. SPEED UP should be running well again. NAZRANA was sent to the front at top weight over a trip, it may have been a ruse, has potential.
NAZRANA/ EARL GREY-PLACE.