MUMBAI RACES 03 JAN2008
HIDDEN DRAGON ran a forward race last time. He is capable of an upset win. KISS AWAY was a good winner on debut, looks likely to repeat. ACCEPTANCE is coming down in scales.
KISS AWAY-HIDDEN DRAGON
2. TAKE ON has the foreign rider, it had beaten RED AMETHYST in her last win, but the scales are not in favor today. RIVER DANCER was an easy winner last time & can win again. RED AMETHYST is good on handicap, likes this distance & has a claimer jockey but the last run was bad.
RIVER DANCER-RED AMETHYST
3. MISTER FIXIT ran a forward race last time, has not won for long. KNIGHT appeals on handicap. CLASSIC DREAM was a runaway & surprise winner last time, can repeat. DYNAMIC CAT is the ‘Doosara’ from Mehta’s entries, who was a notable 2nd at Pune before suffering a set back, there is no track work but may be the surprise packet.
KNIGHT-CLASSIC DREAM-MISTER FIXIT
4. EXOTIC STAR half brother to STUNNING STAR has a precocious pedigree, the preparation is suggestive. LORD KALA is bred well the dam having won three black type races besides placing 2nd in Pune Derby & the run should have braught him on. BELLA has the classic dam CHARENZACCIO as the grand dam, tracks are good .BLUE JAY is by Pune Derby winner .
EXOTIC STAR-LORD KALA-BLUE JAY
5. SPIRITUAL HYMN was a good 2nd to NIMBLE FEET, the last run was for deception, today it has the jockey to win. RUBY ROCKET has a bad draw but a good jockey. MAJOR WAGER has run with better horses, the rider is poor. NOBLE REPLICA has been working well.
SPIRITUAL HYMN-NOBLE REPLICA-RUBY ROCKET
6. CLASSIC RULER is half brother to speedy SECRET ROMEO, he is tracking well. BOURBON QUEEN is half sister to the celebrated horse of the year, the tracks are eye catching. KIARA was thrashed by good type RED ROMEO last time, may place. STAR WAVE is full brother to black types LA UNIQUE & CEIL FLEURI , it has been well prepared during the last three runs, looks like a good type from MAM.
STAR WAVE-BOURBON QUEEN-KIARA
7. BOURBON KING looks unstoppable so far. CZAR ALEXANDER came up well in final stages of last race. SOUTHERN CHARGE won both his starts at Bangalore easily.
BOURBON KING-SOUTHERN CHARGE
8. BLACK DAHLIA should like the step up in distance. MICKY MANTLE has only been tracking for two seasons, the trainer has not been able to get him racing fit. ROMAN RULER has not done justice to his breeding so far. VICEROY is ready for an upset.
VICEROY-ROMAN RULER-BLACK DAHLIA
9. CATALYST is younger sister to flop ARTILLERY, may exploit the handicap advantage of the rider. ABOVE ALL placed first time in career last run & should make a race of it. MARCO POLO is working well.ARABIAN GUEST can upset
ABOVE ALL-CATALYST-MARCO POLO
MUMBAI RACES 03 JAN2008
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:49 AM