1. MAM Ramaswamy has a habit of winning the inaugural race for juveniles at this centre. Many years back even Samar Singh had done the same for three continuous years with horses belonging to my family. Today also it looks to be a race between the two with MISTY MOONLIGHT shining above the others based on the superb pedigree & the excellent gate practice. IDAR PRINCESS is showing lots of initial speed as she is by a mare who won three sprints in Mumbai. RASHIDA is the other filly in field who is promising in tracks, the full sister to the useful SOLID SUCCESS has a mediocre jockey though.
MISTY MOONLIGHT-IDAR PRINCESS
2. ACTION HERO has run in higher class, he has a forceful jockey to also. AMAZING FLORA was kept far back when racing last time as a favorite, the top stable jockey may run her differently . ASPIRING SEVEN is badly off on handicap, he likes to hit the front. EVERYTHING NICE is good in tracks, should run an improved race.
ACTION HERO-EVERYTHING NICE-AMAZING FLORA
3. EDMONDO is showing out in tracks, it is due for a win as it has been sparingly raced. LET THE RIVER RUN is moving well in tracks. EXCELLENT ABILITY is well bred who appears improved a lot. VOICE OF INDIA placed for first time in last run, may do so again.
EXCELLENT ABILITY-EDMONDO-VOICE OF INDIA
4. ALGIERS is notable in works, the distance suits. AN EQUAL MUSIC is good on handicap but it may be going out for a rehearsal only as he is not cut out for this distance. EL GORDO wins when not expected, has been tracked constantly. MY FRIEND PAUL has been handled very poorly in the last couple of seasons as the trainers had their own problems. FREE MASON has the handicap in favor, may need a run.
ALGIERS-MY FRIEND PAUL-FREE MASON
5. BOURBON KING, the champion horse of last year appears fit, it is carrying a load & can not be supported based on the poor runs in summers. HOLDING COURT needs to settle down to racing before its potential as of now is known. LION HEART is this years top older horse over this distance. VANQUISH is impressive in tracks. RIO BRAVO ran a commendable 2nd in last run, it may warm up to win.
RIO BRAVO-BOURBON KING-LION HEART
6. SUGAR BLAZE has been constantly in tracks, may run a good race. MASQUENADA is working well. ANDRONICUS is pleasing in trials, has won the first race last winters also. RIVER ISLAND has no tracks, it is the way Padmanabhan trains, the positive is that it has raced with better types.
ANDRONICUS-RIVER ISLAND-SUGAR BLAZE
7. ALLEGRO is in fine form, the rider is suspect. SHISHAM warmed up well in last run but the rider was not very keen to win, may be able to deliver today. MEDIA MAN won in a fight, looks tough now for this well bred. MISS PUKKA ran well enough to finish on board, can fight out now.
DAYS BEST=====MISTY MOONLIGHT
DOUBLE=======ALGIERS & ANDRONICUS
PLACE========ACTION HERO, , RIVER ISLAND & MISS PUKKA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:35 AM