The sponsoring family of the Chauhans is likely to take home the TIPU SULTAN CUP the feature event in today's races. It is so nice of this family to have named the feature evnt in the memory of the great Field Martial, and being from the same Army fraternity I salute this top gesture of the sponsors. The quality rider M Narredu has a very simple field to beat and it appears that it should be an easy tactical ride from him to do away with any challenge whatsoever that may be from the local riders.
POINTERS AND SELECTIONS
1. The owners of ASHWA SHAURYA have opted for the services of top quality rider to ensure their horse wins today. This speedy type could not catch up with FLYBY last time, should win at odds on here. OUTSTANDING showed improvement in last run and the rider known for good front running will be trying to go for an upset win again. OEF TOBA is tracking well, has the benefit of a mock race.
2. NORHERN PRINCE should like this distance but has been raced very often this month. DAZZLING FLAME took loads of money down by not raising a fluent gallop after jump out, the trip should be within reach as the half brother DISCMAN was an out and out stayer. LADY’S CROWN has not been tried so far and the winner of 4 races is ideally placed to win over this trip.
LADY’S CROWN-DAZZLING FLAME
3. KING’S CHALLENGE is a promising colt who has tracked well. GOLDEN GUN was a good 3rd in last race, the last win over this distance was with this very jockey atop. SUN DANCER is an improving type, looks poor on handicap. CATALUNYA is good for sprints, the forceful rider gives her a chance even here as the last run was promising.
CATALUNYA-GOLDEN GUN-KING’S CHALLENGE
4. TOM’S RIVER surprised all with his easy win last time, may run well again. PADDINGTON shaped like a winner before going down in a tight finish, the latest work was good. MY WILD LOVE appeals here as it has the good rider and mediocre opposition, the preparation is indicative. PHI continues to be a maiden despite coming from the top racing centre in India.
MY WILD LOVE-PADDINGTON-TOM’S RIVER
5. PARAMOUNT retains form, the handicap is not in favor. ORIENTAL SPEED is a well bred who is eye catching in tracks. SUDARSHAN CHAKRAM has been well prepared but definitely needs this run. MURBAN is knocking for a win.
ORIENTAL SPEED-MURBAN-SUDARSHAN CHAKRAM
6. POLISH BEAUTY is yet to show the qualities of her blood lines, has been prepared. FIVE STAR is a winner of three races & has a good chance for another in this class. STROKE OF BRILLIANCE is an unreliable type, the last run was an improved one. POWER ZONE was a runaway leader in last run over a mile, he may have a chance for an upset here.
FIVE STAR-POLISH BEAUTY-STROKE OF BRILLIANCE
DAYS BEST====ORIENTAL SPEED
DOUBLE======ASHWA SHAURYA & MY WILD LOVE