The Golconda Derby may witness strong support for the lone filly ATTRACTRESS who has shown her staying abilities very convincingly in the 1000 Guinneas which she won handsomely after the free riderless gallop around the course just prior to loading. The top colt & main adversary on paper is GASWAR produce RECONNECT whose run is likely to evoke lots of interest from pedigree point of view as the sire in his nine crops has never produced a winner over this distance. MINETTA the unraced dam of RECONNECT was foaled by MINHAH who had produced a black type winner in RED DRAGON who won over 2000 m & ROYAL TROON who was 4th in Bangalore Oaks. In resume one can perhaps deduce that RECONNECT will not stay the distance ,however it is also seen horses often make a fool of people.The other colt IAEPETUS with the good foreign jockey is also not bred for a staying trip.BLAACK MISCHIEF has sound staying lines and may run competitively.
The supporting event THE ARISTOCRAT CUP is likely to be contested between the two four year olds CANOPUS winner of two races, one of which was over a staying trip & CELTIC SHOT winner of a sprint race who has the top Bangalore jockey to force the issue. Hyderabad racing is known for throwing out surprises & ADORNA or CANNON HAWK may upset.
1. RUBY CROWN-FLYING PHOENIX-ONE ONE ONE
2. AVE MARIA-SIPAH SALAR-ZAMBO ANGA
3. CHAMPION STAR-TRUE FASHION-ALUKKHAS
4. EASY TOUCH-CANNON SCOT-RED RIVER REBEL
5. CELTIC SHOT-CANOPUS-ADORNA
6. ADAMANT APPROACH-GLARING GODZILLA-SPRUCESPRINSTEIN
7. CLEVER PLOY-COPERTINA-CALIGATAE
8. ATTRACTRESS-RECONNECT-BLAACK MISCHIEF
9. MAXIMUM CITY-ACCIACATURA-INDRADHANUSH
DAYS BEST====RUBY CROWN
DOUBLE======AVE MARIA & ATTRACTRESS
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:37 AM