1. GYPSY MAGIC who is full sister to champion horse SOUTHERN EMPIRE ran green
last time, the trainer who is at the top of things lately has prepared her very well. The serious competition could come from CORBETT who was a good third to a good type STAR OF MARMALADE, this colt is well bred and tracking well, the dam was a stayer.
SHADES OF WHITE who is full brother to SHOOT A RAINBOW has a place chance along with NOBLE SACRIFICE who is working very well. Though the dam did not race, the grand dam gave good type produce, Samar Singh has a decent type filly here. REDSTONE is another one who ran well last time.
GYPSY MAGIC-CORBETT-SHADES OF WHITE
2. A difficult race to predict but as I see it trainer Prithviraj is likely to pitch in with the held back NICE GUY who has to again contend with ROYAL FLYNN. Last time when NICE GUY won as a good thing heavily backed down, R FLYNN was a faraway 3rd. It is rare to see foreign jockeys tracking class V horse , hence the indication is very strong. ZIGGY STARDUST & LADY OF LIGHT appear to be place candidates.
NICE GUY-ROYAL FLYNN-LADY OF LIGHT
3. Normally 5 year olds race is tricky as all are tryers, and upsets are the order of the day. Second string trainers take a chance in such fields. I would like to give one more chance to HAWAIIN SUNRISE who has done nothing in last two or more years. The last run on board to this horse who is tracking regularly defines the edge. GARA FLUID was a decent 2nd. CHAR CHAND is unreliable. Trainer V Gowda who must be finding it difficult to survive in training has a couple of outsiders who may place.
HAWAAIIN SUNRISE-GARA FLUID-SCOTCH CROWN
4. STAR SPEED was a disappointment in last run. Now when you look back it is clear he got beat by a good type DESERT RULE. The other horse who pipped him, SPARK OF GOLD won handsomely yesterday at good odds. He needs to be reconsidered on good trainer and breeding point of view. GREENS had run along behind him and is tracking well. ONE is in good nick in works. SARMAIDAR is maintaining form, should relish the bottom weight being a staying type.
5. Both ABOLINE and ALACRITY beat MISTIC QUEST, but the win of ALACRITY was more authoritative. The horse is shining in tracks and being from the better sire is tipped to win the million from the other two serious contenders.
6. MARK OF GIBRALTAR was good thing last week before being withdrawn, now he is being pitched in top class with an average rider. The preparation inclusive of mocks are indicative but he has fight to defy the handicap. The serious challenger to me appears to be the top weighted EINSTEIN who has good jockey and belongs to a trainer who is doing extremely well with older horses. Fighting chance can also be given to THE CONTENDER who flashed on from behind in last run. MILFORD is tracking well. SOBERANO has some form.
MARK OF GIBRALTAR-EINSTEIN-THE CONTENDER
7. WAR CHILD has been a let down all summers loosing as a hot favorite. The latest tracks show improvement. MISS PAKKA showed improvement and the third place is difficult to define. DARK TAN & MISS MARVELLOUS may be in.
WAR CHILD-MISS PUKKA-DARK TAN
8. THE SPARTAN who ran well enough has a difficult job at handicap, he appears the one from the trainers yard who should not win. FESTINO was the other impressive runner who is sparingly raced. FLIP YOUR DESTINY who is at a tidy handicap has a chance to flip them over.
FLIP YOUR DESTINY-THE SPARTAN-FESTINO
DAYS BEST=====GYPSY MAGIC
DOUBLE=======ALACRITY & MARK OF GIBRALTAR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:20 AM