1. FIRE QUEEN and ESSIDER appear as the main contenders. The rider on THE GIANT is a let down, can not consider this horse. The senure gelding may be able to tackle the field here. JOHNNY BRAVO needs distance.
ES SIDER-FIRE QUEEN-JOHNNY BRAVO
2. The race is in the jodi of FLARING SUN & CHEROOKEE. The well bred FLARING SUN was eye catching in his latest track. FOREST MUSIC & TEMBUNG are working well enough to fight out for places.
3. WESTERN CHALLENGE with a run has a decent chance as this Razzen offspring has been handled badly by the trainer so far. The horse who is working attractively is MATATA PRIDE who is well bredhalf brother to KANTHARA & GAEA. TELSTAR will find it difficult to win. GAZEBO is at low weights, may run a forward race.
WESTERN CHALLENGE-MATATA PRIDE-TELSTAR
4. The well bred PREMIER QUEEN is tracking very well. POLARIZER has been an enigma, last run was too bad as it did not run in customary front runner style.CLASSIC STAR can build up on the place achieved in last run. LEGAL EYE ran a fair 2nd after a long lay off and may benefit now.
PREMIER QUEEN-LEGAL EYE-CLASSIC STAR
5. INTIMACY has lots of speed to win from the front with the allowance jockey. SOCORORO is not likely to win in sprints. TOP ACTION can surprise like in first run last season. ROMAN BEAUTY has been well prepared, will fight the front runners. XIAMEN is speedy.
6. DIEGO RIVIERA has top weight to handle, has a tough job in first run. HOTSTEPPER is working well. RHAPSIDON SNOW has to handle the change of venue and the distance, not likely to win. RUBEN STAR has benefit of mocks and preparation. YANA is at a tidy handicap. RUNNING BULL is in fine trim.
RUNNING BULL-RUBEN STAR-YANA
7. The two contenders for classics this year have to sort out their standings today. DANCING DYNAMITE with a good mock race is well prepared. AUTONOMY who has run with better types lacks preparation and as it got beat by FLAMING ACE he may have a tough job on hand despite public faith.The thing in his favor are the distance and the class.
8. All have to beat FOREST FLAIR who lost narrowly in first run. The main challenger may be stable mate BOURBION STAR who looks improved & the bought in foal filly NATAUSHKA is very forward. CHECK HER OUT had won well at Pune and may be in for place money.SANS PAREIL was a miserable failure, can not be considered here.
FOREST FLAIR-NATAUSHKA-BOURBON BAY
9. ANGEL'S GLORY is in top form. DANCING DIVA looks in good shape. The one to trouble the favorite will be STAR ALWAYS who hacked the field in last run. BEYOND THERAPY is very speedy.
ANGEL'S GLORY-STAR ALWAYS-DANCING DIVA
10. ROYAL CROWN has a tough job today after the last win, the handicap has caught on. PACEMAKER has a handicap claimer jockey. ELEMENTTO ANGEL is a fast type. HITZ had won well with this rider last season.
HITZ-ROYAL CROWN-ELEMENTTO ANGEL
11. KAI is well prepared, definitely needs a run after last winters. NEED FOR SPEED ran a forward race, will be in the fray now. TAPIS may run on board. ADAM'S PLEASURE can upset. AMARANZA can finish on despite the age.
NEED FOR SPEED-KAI-ADAM'S PLEASURE
DAYS BEST===ANGEL'S GLORY
DOUBLE ====FOREST FLAIR & FLARING SUN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:24 AM