A repeat of last week’s racing appears to be the likely outcome of racing here. After a continuous line of favorites winning on last Saturday, Sunday was dominated by winners at longer odds. Yesterday saw 5 winners who were public fancies and the two who got beat were very nearly there. Today the card looks very intriguing, lots of small time owner/ trainers have chances to score, so blindly following money may not be a wise thing to do.
1. Antia’s ABOVE ALL has a chance to score as it was beaten by a well camouflaged better horse in last run. SOLID ROCK is the other one who has a chance to run a better race as it is knocking to run into money. SECRET AGENDA has a weak jockey after placing in last run. LADY TROOPER had won under this jockey over this distance a long time back. The aging ETERNAL FLIGHT had shocked a good couple of years back, may surprise. GREY ISLAND is the best on handicap but has not run through out the season so best to ignore for now..
ABOVE ALL-SOLID ROCK-LADY TROOPER
2. PACIFIC ZONE is capable of going start to finish under this try jockey. ARABIAN GUEST is tracking well and has a decent jockey. My choice is VARUN who belongs to a gambling stable who is showing some interest in wagering lately on brought down horses. If ridden in front VARUN who has been tracked well has a chance. The bottom weighted VICEROY was very much in demand in last run.
3. BASKERVILLE raced well in the multi million, looks in fine trim from the track. STAR ALLIANCE is full brother to NOBLE KINGDOM, the rider is disappointing. SEA QUEEN from the top stable has been promising in its runs, has a decent chance to win now with the top jockey. SI OMO NO is full brother to ARKTOUROS , has been well tracked.
4. GOLDEN KINGDOM was beaten by a superior winner in last run. CHIEFTAIN has been entrusted to a weak jockey, chances of winning at this distance are bleak. MARINE ZONE lost the last race due to a feeble ride, can make amends for that failure. RAN BANKA can win from the front, has weight advantage.
MARINE ZONE-RAN BANKA-GOLDEN KINGDOM
5. CATALYST is in forward form. FIRED UP is one of those end of the season types, the tracks are good. WAHY had been a very impressive winner in Pune, the last run should have brought him on. GATRAVAT is working well and can upset at the low weights though the rider is not strong.
6. GLOBAL SPIRIT had warmed up to thrash the field over a scurry, can win again. SLIK KIT who was pulled when running as a favorite in Pune, managed to hood wink all and won last time with the rider looking back, this small time trainer has a decent horse who can earn more money for them. ALASKA from the sleeping stables has a chance to upset. SNOWDEN failed with the high named imported riders, N RAWAL has a poor record of winning in sprints.
SLIK KIT-SNOW DEW-GLOBAL SPIRIT
7. It is a straight fight between the better bred ARISTOCRATICAL who was clinical in his last win and SMOKIN ACES who won easing up as a good type. For a chance the best stable for juveniles has got its task cut out.ARTS looks a 1000m type only.
8. A tough race to peruse, many hopefuls and handicap may be taken for a ride. On form PREMIER QUEEN has been doing well over this distance. THE RISING has a poor jockey though it has won at the highest handicap. WILD TEMPER needs a run, it will win early at Pune. NATIVE STARTEGY from Anti’s stable has been bought down and should be in betting order now. GENERALISSIMO is going to be tried. SIROCO looks capable of upsetting (if he gets out well from the starting stalls) at this handicap, the gate practice was encouraging.
NATIVE STARTEGY-SIROCO-PREMIER QUEEN
9. TSESEBE and FOREVER AMBER were both notable 2nds in their respective runs. TSESEBE looks a bit stiff handicap wise but is bred for such trips. ARBUDH has come to hand late and is likely to run a forward race. BORN SPECIAL is tracing well after placing.FORCE OF LAW was not disgraced in coming 4th to the good type TELSTAR.
FOREVER AMBER-ARBUDH-BORN SPECIAL
DAYS BEST===SNOW QUEEN
DOUBLE=====ABOVE ALL and NATIVE STRATEGY
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:37 AM