1. SOLOR was a very easy winner in its last run, it has now been entrusted to a winning type allowance jockey and may be trying to repeat for the very average trainer. CHAMBERLAIN is the most tracked horse here . The mute question is that in the last race the odds on this horse had been hammered down and those of HIGHLAND GLORY had soared. None of these ran on board though the general impression was that Grant was not ON that day. HIGHLAD GLORY is definitely better bred and has been well tracked, should be fancied by the connections now. SABA had failed in Pune as a favorite , the change of name not withstanding can not be fancied in first run here.
2. LONE MONARCH had given glimpses of forwardness in tracks, the last run under Rajendra was disappointing. SNOW QUEEN by the non winning well bred mare ITHICA looks good here based on her last run, the latest work was good. SEA ANGEL has run a bit further behind the winners, the breeding and the jockey give her an outside chance. TARA is sister to LIGHTNING CAVALARY, Narredu has been tracking her.
SNOW QUEEN-SEA ANGEL
3. A staying race with the inform MR GREEDY likely to contest with MILES AND MORE the Razeen gelding for the title. MR GREEDY had won in style and may just put it across at this distance which may be a bit short for MILES AND MORE. SKYWARDS appears to be getting into form , THRE COSMOPOLITAN is a hunch back who may run well under the competitive rider.
MR GREEDY-MILES AND MORE
4. Fillies only here and except for two ,most running for first time hence pedigree, preparation and riders are important inputs. CANDY FLOSS is bred for speed, the rider is poor. CHOTEE BEGUM who impressed in last track is sister to black type LOMBARDIA. The mock race just behind the last week winner SWAHILLI is a positive factor. Out of the Jodha couple PERGRINE FALCON has the run to credit and the rider is likely to go for a forward race. VIOLETTA is full sister to black type PERPETUITY, the breeding needs distance, the rider is not tops, the preparation is fine.
CHOTEE BEGUM-VIOLETTA-PERGERINE FALCON
5. WAR OF ATTRITION is likely to be the favorite as it had finished on wide just a bit late over a scurry. Now the foreighn jockey and a morer suitable distance give him an edge, the draw back is that he was a roarer in younger days and may choke. GOLDEN SPURS was in betting order in last run and the gates should have helped. RUBIDIUM is sparingly raced and has the capability to win from the front due to low weights. HERE COMES THE DON may surprise as the rider would be cocky aafter his good double at Delhi yesterday.
RUBIDIUM-WAR OF ATTRITION-GOLDEN SPURS
6. It was difficult to pick as to who would be the favorite in this race, leave aside the winner prediction. POLARISER, NOTABLE RUNNER, ANYTIME MONEY and THE REBEL are all sprinting types with NOTABLE RUNNER being winner of three races, POLARIZER the most lost case, failing always. My pick here is TOP ACTION who has run with some very good horses and has been placing with higher class horses. AMARANZA has been warming up late to run into place money and may do so again at this handicap.
TOP ACTION-NOTABLE RUNNER-AMARANZA
7 Now this is a race in which no horse has credentials to win The hopeful ones are SHODAAN who has been sparingly raced and has the benefit of a mock race . ZIPPITY ZIP has run on board when not expected, the rider is doing well this season over staying trips. ES SIDER has been an expensive failure so far. MUSICAL RHYTHM , FOREST NATIVE and ARISTOCRATICAL have run close to one another with out creating any flutters. FOREST NATIVE ran suggestively in last run and may show improvement , the canny M Narredu has a job on hand to win here. Good race for having a negative bet.
FOREST NATIVE-MUSICAL RHYTHM-SHODAAN
DAYS BEST====SNOW QUEEN
DOUBLE=======CHOTEE BEGUM and TOP ACTION
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:07 AM