Unlike the first three days of the season which saw lackluster cards, the races look very competitive and are mostly going to be contested by three year olds.Some of the horses look outstanding in their fields, yet there is always a fear of the uncertainities of this King of Sport.
1.HATSUHAANA impressed in his win and subsequent runs, the tracks are pleasing, the rider has to settle down to conditions here. TANZANITE was a very comfortable winner and has shown improvement, the tracks are impressive, the added distance may be a bother. GLORIOSA was an impressive winner who is in top condition. DUKE OF WINDSOR appears to be a sprinter, can not be fancied straightaway here.
2. MEGA JOY is looking good in trials. MARIE CURIE has shown speedy display in gates. BRUNETTA is full sister to the decent type ONE MISSION, can upsetr this lot MASSELINA is the well bred full sister to PALLAZIO’S SON, appears to lack fitness.
BRUNETTA-MARIE CURIE-MEGA JOY
3. CAPTIVATING has nothing to beat, will run at miserly odds. The only interest is who would follow home, PELIKANO who is working well or SUNNY BABA. FLAIR QUEEN has a rookie jockey to try and run in place money.
4, MYSTIC QUEST looks too good here, has no worries in this company. TECHNOCRAT has been steadily prepared, should run a good race. PORTOBELLO who has been working well was a good 2nd in last run. SPARK OF BRONTE and SNOW PEAKS have been given gates and can fight out for place.
5. FOREST FLAIR has so far shown that he is second to only VERSAKI in the list of top juveniles in the countrty. The tracks are good, all have to contend with him who is conceding worrisome weight to classic hopefuls. ASTRAL FLASH was a most astonishing winner in Breeder’s fillies championship at Mumbai, may run on board here. D’ARTAGNAN was touted as a top horse before being beaten at half money, this race may show him at the correct depth, the weights favor this well bred. CIELO REY impressed in the runaway win, the tracks are speedy. CRUISING was a good 2nd in last run, but may be D’ARTAGNAN was eased up in last stages when he could not catch up with the winner.
6. SPRING A SURPRISE has been working well. BECKET is a decent got abroad who is very promising in trials, will fight out. THE PEARL is the best bred who was a close 3rd in the graded race and should run a good race here. NATOUCHKA ran a couple of suggestive races, may surprise. SANS PAREIL is very pleasing in tracks.
THE PEARL-BECKET-SANS PAREIL
7. A very poor lot after all the exciting horses. XEL has placed as a four year old in couple of runs, has a notorious jockey. WHISPER VALLEY is a forward runner in some of the runs, can upset with the allowance jockey. SENNA is an aged horse often in demand but never delivering for this aging trainer. TRACK WONDER with the best jockey here may upset.
XEL-TRACK WONDER-WHISPER VALLEY
DOUBLE======MYSTIC QUEST and THE PEARL
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:58 AM