The Main Mysore Season appears to be as daft as the regular Mysore racing calendar as a very ordinary card caters for the opening day’s fare. Intriguingly most trainer’s from Bangalore have decided not to field their runners here, as per the Govt’s stand there is a bleak chance of having races in winters at Bangalore, the sufferers are the owners who have a worrying prospect of shifting around to other racing centres or selling their wards. Another major factor to be considered by the racing public will be whether the horses from M A M’s stables continue their domination at races like before or will they also run on unexpected lines as the owner’s animals have done at Bangalore and most other centres of racing in the last six months. It is my sincere advise to back his horses only in the last few minutes before the start as often the offered rates fluctuate so much as to make mockery of the fine sport.
1. MAMAN MARVEL is a four year old who should have matured after 10 non performance outings, has to be watched now. MAURITIUS STAR is a winner of 5 races who may yet find the board. KALISKA has been tracking fine, should be tried. FIERY BUSINESS has a decent jockey, may be the gamble horse of the connections today. WOLF tends to loose interest in the final stages of the race.
2. DO THE MUSIC has a load to carry, may place. PRINCE OF ARGYLE is a failed favorite, he is tracking well. TURBANATOR can upset any day, has come down a lot. RAGING RIVER has not been running as per the good tracks.. SAN GIMMINANAO may place.
TURBANATOR-DO THE MUSIC-PRINCE OF ARGYLE
3. BRIDGE TOO FAR has been tracking well, has lots of early speed. SMART N SPECIAL is an enigma for the trainer, it does every thing but wins. ECUADOR has been well prepared. HEROISM has come down a lot. SUGAR BROWN has been impressive in works, has not performed for long.
ECUADOR-SMART N SPECIAL-SUGAR BROWN
4. THUNDER ON has won at these weights and this distance before. BIRTDAY STAR has been well rested, it was a failure two years back when racing in the regular circuit. Like most other horses brought out of wilderness and recouping at Ooty he may start off the proceedings for the connections as the tracks and gates are encouraging. SERIOUS WARRIOR may build up on the fine win in last run. TURBO BABE has been tracking well.
BIRTHDAY STAR-TURBO BABE-SERIOUS WARRIOR
5. RAIDER’S SON has been a different horse last season, the handicap is very stiff now. AURILEAN is a speedy horse who should have come on after running with better types. ASSOCIATOR had won handsomely last year, the present tracks of this well bred are good. KALPAV RUKSHA is in good form. DANGER DIABOLIC may surprise.
6. OHIYESA is perhaps the best from this trainer’s yard in the youngster’s lot, has been working well. MR MAJESTIC has come to hand, may run well. STAR ADVENTURE is brother to SILKEN LINES who showed out here last year, the tracks are speedy. BEE FOR YOU may place.
OHIYESA-STAR ADVENTURE-MR MAJESTIC
7. SHOW HORSE ran suggestively in a couple of Bangalore runs, the field can be tackled now. OPERA PRINCESS has a tough task despite the good jockey. GREEN PASSION and CANNON TARGET come into the frame based on their last good performances respectively. SPARK OF SYMPHONY is tracking well, the weights favor.
SHOW HORSE-CANNON TARGET-GREEN PASSION
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:11 AM