HYDERABAD RACES FOR INVITATION DAY
OASIS STAR, DIEGO RIVIERA and ARABIAN KNIGHT are three contenders who will be looking forward to repeating their successes on the INVITATION DAY today. The three were worthy winners of Sprinters cup, the Super Mile cup and the Stayers Cup last year.
1. AL FATAH is a good local hopeful sprinter who has to show speed if he is to match up. BECKET is a got abroad who started his career late and after the very fine going away win has been labeled as top class by the reporters. The owner is having good season and the horse is trained by a person who is best with good types. GLORY TO DANCER was an awesome winner over 1400m in summers in a very good time, belongs to a very shady trainer. MENLO PARK is the hopeful got abroad of the local champion trainer who is working well.
BECKET-GLORY TO DANCER-AL FATAH
2. OASIS STAR has been a top performer who has been given some outstanding reviews after the last easy win against a mix lot by the track reporters. He is certainly one of the stars in Indian racing but still has to live upto the billing as he is now taking on the best of the country’s four year old sprinters. PALAZIO’S SON was the most impressive winner at Mysore who has a very fine early speed. RED ROMEO won a sprint in awesome manner in early part of Pune season and later could not concede weight, yet he appears as the main threat as he was labeled as a top classic hopeful last year and belongs to a shrewd trainer. ORIGINALITY may run an improver race.
OASIS STAR-RED ROMEO-PALAZIO’S SON
3. ARTS is a very fine sprinter who is conceding weight to a good field. BLACK DANUBE has won thrice but always over 1000m, may run well even here as he is very well bred. CAYENNE is looking very well on handicap, has a fight on hand though. TALISKER is a very mediocre bred who has been most impressive in last couple of runs, very good for place. D’ARTAGNAN has the distance and the rider against him, has enough class though.
4. CARTE BLANCHE is in very good form, the distance is ideal. EL PASO is a winner of five races and is tracking fine. SPOT ON has the best rider at lowest weights, should beat this lot.
SPOT ON-EL PASO
5. ARABIAN KNIGHT is an outright stayer but with a mediocre jockey. NOBLE PRINCE has been tuned up well, has been in good form this year. ANGELIQUE looks a bit improved in tracks. YANA has beaten the Indian Derby winner over a staying trip, has been kept keen for the day. RIYASAT has got a lot to do here irrespective of the Oaks win.
YANA-NOBLE PRINCE-ARABIAN KNIGHT
6. CORAL GABLES is the winner of 28 races and the local hopeful. DIEGO RIVIERA goes over the ideal distance looks in good nick, surprisingly the regular rider NM Narredu has been over looked. RHAPSIDON SNOW is ideal over a 1400m trip but has been winning a mile also, will try to force the pace and pull it off. DANCING DYNAMITE is the stable mate who fought out in last race and goes with a more experienced rider for the local owner to be very hopeful. This horse had impressed the most in close finishes last year at Mumbai and looks to redeem now. JUVENTUS is most improved who should be in thick of things here.
DANCING DYNAMITE-JUVENTUS-RHAPSIDON SNOW
7. ANTONIOS is the Indian Derby winner who has maintained form. AUTONOMY was in the top three horses till Derby last year, somehow the poor ride under R Hughes has put question marks on his staying ability, has the capability to win. ICEBREAKER has just one blemishing run in Oaks , has the credentials to be a main contender here.
8. MODEST BRIDE has impressed in her maiden’s win. GURUJOSH is tracking fast. LEAVE IT TO ME is a bred in purple who is yet to win a maiden race, has a declining jockey on saddle. KOHINOOR DELIGHT is well bred with a decent jockey. DEVIL GRANDMA with the foreign jockey may run well as she had run 2nd to AMAZING RAY and ONE TRACK MINDEED who both have gone ahead.
LEAVE IT TO ME – MODEST BRIDE-GURUJOSH
DAYS BEST===OASIS STAR
DOUBLE=====BECKET X DANCING DYNAMITE
HYDERABAD RACES FOR INVITATION DAY
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:03 AM