After some very ordinary racing at Mysore and Delhi it was anticipated that Mumbai will be a welcome change but one look at the race card and the first impression is that the trend may continue. Horses from scheming owner H N Mehta are out in big numbers with no entries from the top stables. Extreme caution is the watch word in such circumstances.
1. OPPURTUNITY has been knocking for a win, has a very decent chance now. NOTABILITY has been tried in better company, the last run was bad and the poor jockey placement suggests the non interest. BRILLIANT MOON has been tracked well and is expected to shine today. RISING ASSET has a chance but a very mediocre jockey rides.
2. LEGIONAIRE is half brother to CRESENDO, has good tracks to back up. TITLIEST is a forward runner , he is showing speed in trials. OCEAN POWER should improve over the last run, the rider was the faithful of HNM not long ago.
3. PINE CREST is a game old horse who is down in class and tracking well. GRAND WARRIOR was a notable runner despite a slow getaway in last attempt, will be fancied to win now. TOP ACTION is an unreliable type who may grace the board. ABSOLUTE REALITY has the try jockey who won on this horse last year, should fight out.
GRAND WARRIOR-ABSOLUTE REALITY-TOP ACTION
4. BLADES OF GLORY looks negative on comparison as the handicap is against. SHODAAN was heavily whipped in last attempt, will be tried again. GOLDEN GRACE has a decent chance , the last run was suggestive. PURE DEVOTION has been tracking for long, needs to be run before considering for a wager.
GOLDEN GRACE-SHODAAN-BLADES OF GLORY
5. ECSTATICA is in good form, has hat trick in sight. SLIK KIT was a good 2nd , the jockey is repeated. CLARION CALL needs this run, is tracking well. DIVINE has come down by heaps in last one year, looks good for a coup. DIVINE had last won a race in class III carrying 62 Kgs and has a good edge at these weights.
6. STAR ATTRACTION has back breaking weight to carry. VIOLETTA is in irresistible form, the well bred should be backed till beaten. OYSTER BLUE lasted out to win last time, the allowance jockey has a tough ask here. SEPIA TONE is a speedy one who goes over the pet distance now.
VIOLETTA-SEPIA TONE-OYSTER BLUE
7. DISTINGUISHED has started racing late, last run was suggestive. HONEY DAY was denied a win last time, surprisingly the rider was not punished severely for a very ordinary effort. He rides again and is in with a chance, but he is not a winning type so best is to ignore this horse who looks good on handicap. ARABIAN POWER has been in money in all runs, should be trying again. GYPSY QUEEN has got another chance with this decent rider who failed on her last time, needs to be considered as the opposition is mediocre.
GYPSY QUEEN-DISTINGUISHED-HONEY DAY
DOUBLE=====LEGIONNAIRE X GRAND WARRIOR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:24 AM