MUMBAI RACES 25 DEC 2007
1. VICTOR has been given a run, the rider is strong. SUDDEN IMPACT has improved a bit. KAI has a foreign jockey and has not been exposed on the track like other horses of this trainer, may run well as the breeding is OK.ARABIAN HERO is at an ideal handicap to upset. CASUAL LOOK has been an expensive failure so far, but the grapevine suggests it was not on job as a favorite at Pune.
CASUAL LOOK(Days Best)-VICTOR- ARABIAN HERO
2. TEASER is always finishing on the board. JOLTEON has been given a mock race, may run well. FLYMETOTHESTARS & GANADOR have a slight chance each. GREY STORM appears to be Antia’s horse for the day though the distance is a bit sharp for this winner of 4 races.
3. SPIRITUAL FLAME &STAR CRUSADER had run close over 1800m, the later is bred to stay. MILES AND MORE thrashed the relatively weaker field last time, all have to beat this Razeen gelding. CITY TAMER appeals on handicap & preparatory works, will go close.
MILES AND MORE-CITY TAMER-STAR CRUSADER
4. R Shaikh failed to get home on RISING EMPEROR, today he gets a chance to redeem himself astride the elder brother RISING WARRIOR.PACE MAKER is in form. FANTASY LAKE may surprise. SEPIA TONE has been prepared.
RISING WARRIOR-SEPIA TONE-PACE MAKER
5. WAFADAR has not earned anything for this betting owner over more than two years, the bills must be hurting. This horse had last won class two with 61 Kgs & Gallaghar on top at Bangalore. The irish jockey is an indication that it may be coup horse against some fancy favorites. GENERALLISIMO was a good 2nd last time, can win. SCHNELL won start to finish last time, it is beating EVATINA in tracks. FESTIVE LIGHT may exploit the weight advantage. The presence of four runners from N Lagad’s stable makes this a tough race.
6. MATATA PRIDE is eye catching in works, this half brother to KANTHARA & GAEA will like the trip also. CROWN PRINCESS is a failed favorite , should improve. GOLDEN SKY has been shifted along with some other hopefuls from Bangalore to have a tilt at the richly endowed races at Mumbai, the tracks are suggestive for this half brother to the good type BOLD FAITH. NORA is partly owned by MAM , the mare FREE RADICAL was a good 2nd in Poonawalla Million. The filly is tracking very well.
MATAT PRIDE-NORA-CROWN PRINCESS
7. SANGOMA is well bred & looks like it has come to hand. URBAN WARRIOR may not stay. HOUSE PERFECT will like this trip. TARA’S BULBA may get into a galloping mood.
SANGOMA-URBAN WARRIOR-HOUSE PERFECT
MUMBAI RACES 25 DEC 2007
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:51 AM