1. ALASKA ran 4th in SNOW BLIND’S race, has a good handicap chance on that count though the pedigree is crying for a more suitable stretch. ARISTOCRATICAL has been given mocks & prepared, should run well. FULL FAITH is a speedy type who can shock. FIRECRACKER placed last time & should be in the run . PERSONAL POINT bled as a favorite.
2. FIRE WITHIN bred for speed is being sent over a longer distance, the trainer has this queer habit while preparing his charges. SUPREME FALCON was a good forward runner who surrendered only in the final stages of last run since it was not fancied, should win if backed as he is half brother to black type VENUS ARISING. WESTERN CHALLENGE should like the trip, however the stable is not doing well with favorites. CONGRATS is well bred & appears to have improved since the tracks are appealing.
SUPREME FALCON-WESTERN CHALLENGE
3. CLASSIC SPIRIT is in fine form, has to defy the handicap. ANYTIME MONEY has been given runs so far. CHARLIE PARKER belongs to a trainer known for playing the waiting game, the horse has come down in scales. ADALLIA may run on board here.
CHARLIE PARKER-CLASSIC SPIRIT-ANYTIME MONEY
4. SPARTA is showing form, should be in the fray again. ENCOURAGEMENT may run a forward race. NEED FOR SPEED as a favorite chased the winner without passing last time, it may be a ruse or is it a flaw in the horse? THUNDERING TAN comes into the scene as a good thing on handicap if it is ridden as well as the rookie rode SWEPT AWAY yesterday.
THUNDERING TAN-NEED FOR SPEED-SPARTA
5. MOUNTAIN KING was a decent 3rd in last run, should give a good account under the mature jockey. DANCE AWAY is half brother to THREE OF ARTS, should like the staying trip. ROSE BOURBON is by a black type mare, the last run was an indicator, will be in the fray if handled well by the novice on top. LONE TROJAN may place again. HOUSE PERFECT who was never given a track for months has finally been shown gates, may be the indicator since it is at rock bottom of handicap.
ROSE BOURBON-MOUNTAIN KING-HOUSE PERFECT
6. THE RISING is good on handicap but the distance is bit more. BALANCE DE POWER has been well prepared, may run well in first outing. ARKHOS was a fighting second, it has beaten PARTY CELEBRATION convincingly in Mumbai. The change of race centre may do the trick for PARTY CELEBRATION, the canny owner is a shrewd judge in backing his horses.
ARKHOS-PARTY CELEBRATION-THE RISING
7. AURORA AUREALIS won a hard fought start to finish race in Wadia Trophy, the daughter of most speedy filly of last millennium has a very decent chance here. BEE QUICK is a very good sprinter who is going to speed away in the straight, the last win was very authoritative. HIGHLAND GLORY a half brother to speedy RIVER ISLAND has been very well prepared by the top trainer, should run well in debut.
BEE QUICK-AURORA AUREALIS
8. BORN TO LEAD is a forward runner who is being scrubbed in tracks. RED DAWN is in fine form. AMBERLEY is a speedy type. INTIMACY has often been fancied but failed to deliver.
RED DAWN –BORN TO LEAD-AMBERLEY
9. ES SIDER has run with better types. RESILIENCE is tracking well. SOLID ROCK is by a black type mare, may improve. STARLITE EXPRESS is being scrubbed in works, may improve.
ES SIDER-STARLITE EXPRESS-SOLID ROCK
DAYS BEST====BEE QUICK
DOUBLE======SUPREME FALCON & THUNDERING TAN
PLACE=======SPARTA, BORN TO LEAD & STARLITE EXPRESS
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:26 PM