1.ONUS PROBANDI is tight on handicap, may run better than last time. SAILING THRU who has placed in all five appearances will try to be at it again. FIDEL DEFENSOR caught the eye in finishing 2nd to GLOBAL SPIRIT, may do it for the worried trainer who is desperately looking for winners. PAPER KING is the best bred who placed in last run, should show improvement.
FIDEL DEFENSOR-PAPER KING-SAILING THRU
2. HIGHLAND BOUNTY ran an encouraging 5th in million, can win here. PALME D’OR went all the way suggesting a repeat is feasible. ALASKA won well & may grace the board. CLASSIC RULER who is half brother to that speedy & good type SECRET ROMEO appears fit based on the mock race, may run well after the longish break.
HIGHLAND BOUNTY-PALME DE OR-ALASKA
3. FIREFOOT is not finding that turn of foot he displayed at Mumbai, can win still. SPICA has run with higher class animals, it warmed up late in last attempt. WAFADAR appears to be getting into shape, may improve. PREMIER PERCEPTION is a pure 1000m specialist belonging to a trainer whose well bred wards have a habit of disappointing often.
4 DEVILITTO is tracking well, the mock race should have helped. GOLDEN KINGDOM, when running with every body’s money as a good thing, got surprised near the winning post by a superior animal. BLUE JAY is bred for speed, has placed both times, gets a decent chance here. CENTRE OF ATTENTION is a failed favorite, should be given another chance.
CENTRE OF ATTENTION-BLUE JAY-DEVILITTO
5. SET ALIGHT is too superior to GOLDEN SYMBOL who is class better than the other two.
SET ALIGHT-GOLDEN SYMBOL
6. DANCING GLORY is tracking well. BLUE MOUNTAIN was beaten fair & square by SALTORO in the earlier part of the season, the track appears to have firmed up since & with added distance he should go very close this time as he is by the top sire Razeen. NORA flopped in last run curiously, can not be backed based on that effort. SALTORO who ran decently in last run despite a severe interference looks good on handicap.
7. TOMMY CARMICHAEL is showing some form though it would like more distance. PURE DEVOTION has been well prepared for first run here. MAVERICK who has run in sprints only goes over his pet distance now. SOLKJAER was a decent 3rd in youngsters, can run a decent race with the Delhi jockey to guide him.
8. MATATA PRIDE who is well bred has not yet shown its true worth. WINNING TREAT is improving with each run, the distance is a bother. MERCEDES was given a soft ride over a sprint, may deliver despite the fact that the jockey has a poor record. JOHNNY BRAVO is going over ideal distance.
MERCEDES-JOHNNY BRAVO-WINNING TREAT
DAYS BEST=====SET ALIGHT
DOUBLE=======SPICA & SALTORO
PLACE========GOLDEN SYMBOL, BLUE MOUNTAIN & JOHNNY BRAVO
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:33 PM