The terms of the race for the prestigious PRESIDENT OF INDIA are so blatantly in favor of BRAHAMPUTRA thatit is difficult to visualise any sort of challenge to this champion North Indian Horse. He is likely to be a very short price favorite today because of the terms of the race. The interesting contest in offing will be in the maiden's race where pedigree & track preparation are the key factors. ASHWA SHUARYA who is bred for speed & has the benefit of a good forward race should be in the thick of things.
POINTERS AND SELECTIONS
1. CHARG AWAY is a demotee, may run well. LADY'S CROWN was not given a convincing run last time. The tracks are good & the distance is suitablefor the well performing rider to go for the win. PLEIAD ran well up before easing out, the horse is in sound condition. REAL SCOTCH won a hard faught race, the added distance is suitable. SILVER ZARA has the handicap in favor.
SILVER ZARA-LADY'S CROWN-PLEIAD
2. ASHWA SHAURYA ran a close 3rd to MRIGNAYNEE, this younger full brother to RAPID FIRE who won recently is looking good in tracks.RED REEF is a brother to good types RED CAT & GOD'S OWN, the preparation has been satisfactory, but being son of CLASSIC TALE he definitely needs a run. BLUE LAGOON is by a non performing mare who was by black type OAKMEAD. The filly has been working well. DAYTONA BEAUTY has been catching the eye in tracks.The pedigree is for more distance than a scurry. FLYBY has been well prepared by the champion trainer.This full sister to DARING LOVE is bred for speed.
3. DESERT FALCON was a notable runner in his last defeat, this horse owned by the top connection of the DRC management is ridden by his favored jockey, looks like a good thing.NUCLEUS has been prepared but he is a sprinter & has a poor jockey. FERALIGATOR is being tracked often and he should run well here. SPICY MOVE is not sighted in morning works.
4. BRAHAMPUTRA had beaten CORNELIA SUPRA by half length while conceding 17 Kgs. Later EL DORADO beat CORNELIA SUPRA over the same distance by nearly the same margin while conceding only 4 Kgs. Now one does not have to do hard mathematics to work out that BRAHAMPUTRA is more than ten Kgs superior than EL DORADO,rather than the one Kg difference in todays card. If I were a bookie I would give odds of less than ten paisa for this top quality horse ( that also to cater for unforeseen eventualities). ASHWA PRATAP the third horse who may come into contention was beaten by BRAHAMPUTRA by more than 9 lengths while giving 7 Kgs weight in race No 90. So where is the competition as the other two are no hopers here.
5. GODAVARI has come down a class but lacks preparation. BEFORE YOU has been given quick runs, may run well. FRAUD the aged horse has done well for his supporting owner, the try jockey is an indication. SHE'S A MELODY was quickest out & running well in front all the way.It is bound to repeat if it does not veer out very badly.
SHE'S A MELODY-FRAUD-BEFORE YOU
6. CRYSTAL PISTOL has been well prepared, has been a disappointment so far. VISION REMAINS has a try jockey for a forward fling. SMILE OF GOLD has run well up front, the jockey switch gives him an edge. ENDLESS STRIDES has a handicap jockey, may run well. CROSSWORD needs to be considered one more time.
SMILE OF GOLD-VISION REMAINS-CROSSWORD
DOUBLE========DESERT FALCON & SHE'S A MELODY