A well fiiled card awaits race goers at Delhi today with the performers likely to be dominated by the champion trainer at this centre. For the first time Delhi owners seem to have purchased better blood lines than the mediore breeds available around the capital. The maidens are as well bred as at any other centre and this should be an encouraging sign for furthur improvements in standards of racing at the capital.
An interesting dillema for the followers of form is the track works given in the last one week. Many horses have been worked well without being probed by the time-keepers and thee track reporters due to the thick envelop of early morning fogg over the expanse of the race course.
1. ALL WELL ENDS WELL is by a well performing sire GASWAR who has done very well in last couple of years, the horse looks in fine trim. ASHWA PRAGGYA is well bred full brother to CAPRIOSHKA, the colt may need more distance to perform. TAKE A CHANCE ran well enough in both outings, he is bound to be the favorite based on last good 2nd. The dam of TAKE A CHANCE was a very speedy mare. CHOICE FOR EVER is showing good speed in tracks, has been prepared well SEX BOMB is a very well bred filly who has speedy COMMON LAND as the brood mare sire, the dam TEMPT ME has produced black type winner in TEMPT ME NOT, the preparations are good for the filly to go all the way.
SEX BOMB-TAKE A CHANCE
2. VAGABOND won a maiden's race & is now running in class with an allowance jockey, may improve. HELLO DOLLY tried to outwit the field with a terrific front run at longer odds last week, may place again. DAZZLING FLAME is notable in tracks, it was a very easy winner in last run, may repeat. SHE'S A MELODY who had done nothing for long was a comfortable 3d in last run, this mare may surprise as she has lots of speed. ENI has a try jockey for a place try.
DAZZLING FLAME-SHE'S A MELODY-HELLO DOLLY
3. RAINBOW SHINE is working noticably, the rider is ordinary.MY WINNING LOVE is working well. SILVER SHINE looks in fine fettle.TIME AND AGAIN has been on the tracks everyday, looks good for a place try. WILD WIND is a late maturingwell bred who is showing out in tracks, should be the one all have to beat. YOUNG ANNA was a good 2nd in last run, will try to win in thispoor lot.
WILD WIND-YOUNG ANNA-SILVER SHINE
4. BRAHAMPUTRA is the champion North Indian horse who looks good even with the crushing weight, he has been kept in fine fettle. EL DORADO is a very speedy type. TRINITY is in fine trim. GIN AND TONIC is a very impressive speedster who has won six times in 11 appearances, the horse is bound to make a start to finish bid. RUBY ROSA has come down in scales, the tracks are fine, may need more distance.
BRAHAMPUTRA-GIN AND TONIC-EL DORADO
5. PARAMOUNT who was an easy winner has been kept in good shape by regular tracks, can defy the penality. HIGH OPINION ,an aged horse is appealing in works. GANGA JAL is another winner who is showing signs for an encore. STUNNING ROSE is a horse with hype, it lost as an on money favorite, can not be sure of its class though the tracks are good.QUEEN AMEDALE ran well enough showing improvement in last run.
PARAMOUNT-STUNNING ROSE-HIGH OPINION
6. SHUBH SHUBH is a good type who has been given works in the thickest of foggs , looks likely to land a gamble. ASHWA PADDMA looks fit. TRUSTED FRIEND is working well, looks improved , the jockey is ordinary. DREAM DEBUT was painstakingly prepared and given a run, the jockey switch gives him a good chance to score. ORIENTAL SPEED is a well bred horse who is looking good in the tracks.
SHUBH SHUBH-DREAM DEBUT-ORIENTAL SPEED
DOUBLE========WILD WIND & SHUBH SHUBH
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:53 AM