It is a very benevolent gesture on the part of the Jain Bookmakers family to have
sponsored the complete race card for the Delhi Races. The bookmaker is often
at the receiving end of the ire of the public whenever there are questions raised about
some dishonest elements involved in racing. The sponsoring of the whole schedule
including a million deserves to be fully applauded as such gestures from all strata’s
of the racing fraternity is what is required to take this ‘King Of Sport, in the right direction.
The JAIN BOOKMAKERS CENTURY MILLION is likely to be keenly contested
between the Champion trainers much hyped colt RAGING STAR who is well rested &
appears to be in top fettle to take on the well performed TURKISH DOLL & yet to
be raced EL TORO .
1. FIRST N IMPRESSION has to defy the handicap to perform after the last win,
there are no tracks. DAZZLING FLAME could not measure up to the speed of SHE’S
A MELODY, the later tracks confirm fitness. The earlier win gives her an edge here.
SO FAR SO GOOD is being scrubbed in tracks. DOON BOY won well, may do well
in a sprint in this class.
DAZZLING FLAME-SO FAR SO GOOD-DOON BOY
2. STRIVING HIGHER has won at these weights under this jockey before, he has been
given enough runs, may surprise.. SOLITARY MAN ran a dismal race,
but has a handicap jockey who did well last week. CROSSWAYS has been running
on board and will be trying to win. SUPER GIRL was given a poor ride, the tracks
later are impressive, should place. SUPREME SUCCESS an aged winner of seven
races ran into place money after long time, has been regularly tracked for a win.
SUPREME SUCCESS-SOLITARY MAN-SUPER GIRL
3. CHARG AWAY has no track work though he has been bought down. GANDIVA
Was a fair 2nd to THE BOSS, now runs at better terms, may place as the jockey is not
winning type. QUALITY ASSURANCE is really an enigma, he has no threat here as per
his runs in better company. DINGLE last won in class II in Bangalore many years ago, for
those who like to bet on long shots, he is the one who has been well prepared & has the
top jockey on top.
4. TRINITY the speedy type is the only threat to Magan Singh’s trio. RED CAT is coming
back to racing after a set back, hence the main contenders from the stables are going to be the
other two. From the form and preparation point of view CORNELIA SUPRA has an edge.
CORNELIA SUPRA-RUBY ROSA
5. ENYA is well bred but is not the stable’s top fancy.RAGING STAR is the hype horse whoi
who is going to be bet upon heavily as he won in style & belongs to the top trainer.
TURKISH DOLL impressed most in the last win. EL TORO is showing lots of promise in tracks.
RAGING STAR-TURKISH DOLL-EL TORO
6. INTRICATE is working well, the distance suits. TRUSTED FRIEND is a game horse who may find the distance a bother, can surprise. HIGH OPINION is a long shot as he has come down a lot and can run well here. TIME GENTLEMAN comes intio reckoning on his last couple of runs, has won at this distance in his earlier days.BEST OF THE LOT is working well.
INTRICATE-TIME GENTLEMAN-HIGH OPINION
7. MELODY MAKER may run well, can not be backed as he is not reliable type. ARCELOR is the one who has done nothing after being brought from Hyderabad, the trip suits and he is class down. WATER WAVE is in fine form, he won twice at this distance in 2007. POWER ZONE impressed in mock race, may run a forward race with the rookie jockey.
WATER WAVE-ARCELOR-POWER ZONE
DAYS BEST====RAGING STAR
DOUBLE======DAZZLING FLAME & INTRICATE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:15 AM