The Mumbai season terminates today. The races have been very punter friendly this year and any one who has just followed the betting pattern and put his money on backed horses is bound to have profited. So far 248 races have been conducted and 125 favorites and 43 second favorites have emerged victorious. The trend has continued during the last two days. The card on this final day looks tricky.
1.ANYTIMEMONEY won well and then went down fighting, the jockey is aging but should at least place. COURAGE UNDER FIRE has been in money in last four runs, the allowance jockey is to neutralize the penalty. PHOSPHOR won very easily and the well bred may encore with the good allowance jockey. RATNAVALI is bound to be in the fray.
2. SEA OF KISSES will miss the ride from Grant who has flown home, he got beaten by CHECK HER OUT by 10 lengths in Pune but appears to have improved as per the breeding, and is now conceding weight. CHECK HER OUT should run well but has to contend with the inform DESDEMONA who was a short priced winner recently is capable of winning again.
DESDEMONA-SEA OF KISSES-CHECK HER OUT
3. ASTON MARTIN is a well bred who comes into reckoning based on the last non try run. The jockey is non reliable with favorites. EXTRAORDINAIRE is poorly bred and does not appear to be ready yet. SEA RULER belongs to the top trainer, he ran very suggestively in P B M M, that run puts him into reckoning. ORADA has been prepared , may run well.
SEA RULER-ASTON MARTIN-ORADA
4. SWAHILLI won start to finish over 1400m , the added distance is against the horse in this field. GOT TO GO is game for 1400m , may run well after the last mock race to bring him on. BLUE MOUNTAIN is well bred who can improve. GO GUZZI GO ran in front in the Derby, the distance and the handicap are to the liking. BLADE RUNNER is showing out in tracks.
GO GUZZI GO-BLADE RUNNER-GOT TO GO
5. AVEC PLAISIER has not been able to deliver despite some suggestive runs. RAQUEL has won well, has a jockey who is gaining in experience and confidence. RED INDIAN has lots of initial speed, but he always falters in the highest class. STAR IMPACT is a good type of sprinter who is bound to improve, may win again.
STAR IMPACT-RAQUEL-AVEC PLAISIER
6. DANCING DYNAMITE runs in open class after a sedate show in the Derby, the handicap is tough. BEYOND BELIEF had won this race all the way last year beating COTSWOLD ARMS at level weights. COTSWOLD ARMS appears to be much improved this season, the last win was authoritative. SECRET PILGRIM is a genuine miler at bottom weight.
COTSWOLD ARMS-DANCING DYNAMITE-BEYOND BELIEF
7. FLYING ARROW had thrashed the field as a good thing, if there is no hanky panky he should easily win again. TATTENHOE is tracking well. HIGHLAND FLAME has got the inform jockey to fight out. AMERICAN IDOL was a good gamble from the lower string trainer, may be tried before hibernation for a long period as is the style with this owner cum trainer., the last win was a big improvement for the horse.
FLYING ARROW-AMERICAN IDOL-HIGHLAND FLAME
9. ELEGANTE ran disappointingly in last run. DEVILITTO, the half brother to Indian Derby Winner placed for first time, has scope to win. RESILIENCE has been badly handled by this scheming trainer, can be a coup since the rider was suspended for pulling this horse during the season. UP NORTH fought out and lost with superior riders, looks tough now. NARA showed some urgency in closing stages of its last run.
DAYS BEST====STAR IMPACT
DOUBLE======DESDEMONA and FLYING ARROW
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:01 AM