Yesterday I was talking to my friends as to how to differentiate between a good trainer and a bad one. The discussion had come up because one of the race hardened friend mentioned that LEADING LADY to DARK TAN were two good gambles of trainer V Lokanath. Correctly as per the racing grapevine both of these racers were heavily backed down and loads of money was laid on these good things by many such followers as my good friend. The followers were in for grief as both failed miserably and to run salt on their wounds the trainer had not tipped the third horse; ie’ ZAIOS who won at good odds. So coming back to the topic of standard of trainers , I think that a good trainer is whose horses win more often on being backed than such so called trainers who give runs to bring the animals down in handicap and then these loose for some reason or the other when backed.
1. SHADES OF WHITE who is by the top sire led all the way with this jockey to win, an encore is a possibility as the horse is bound to improve as expected from his breeding. FLEETING INDIAN looks very good on handicap but the things against are that the trainer is winless in the season and the rider does not belong to this stable. RED STONE made a good effort to catch up with SHADES OF WHITE in last encounter and looks a bit comfortable on comparison, still a difficult task. ZAMBEZI SUN is by the under rated sire, the two gates were impressive.
FLEETING INDIAN-RED STONE-SHADES OF WHITE
2. CLASSIC CONCEPT is by the good sprint producing sire who has improved after the initial run. BATON ROUGE is bred in purple, the connections have been a failure with the youngsters crop. GLITTERATO got withdrawn last week, the horse had run an eye catching 3rd earlier. GOLDEN CROWN is a bought in filly who is fluent in tracks, the last run was suggestive. RUSSIAN DANCER ran a good race and may get on board again. CALYPSO DANCER is sister to POETIC,( she ran a pathetic race yesterday), will run a good race if gates are no problem.
GOLDEN CROWN-CALYPSO STAR-GLITTERATO
3. STAR ASSEMBLY is an unreliable type belonging to the controversial owner who is in dumps nowadays. PORTOBELLO won well as a surprise, has potential to do well with the rookie jockey. FROZEN FIRE from the SNOW dynasty ran as a good thing, should easily repeat. NATIVE TALENT has a handicap chance with the top jockey.
FROZEN FIRE-NATIVE TALENT-PORTOBELLO
4. STAR PRESENTATION doesn’t like to run cramped up, may surprise over the extended trip in the small field. CONCEPTUAL is in top form after the hat trick, the maternal grand sire PHARLY was a known stayer and the dam FARCICAL has produced a number of stayers. ICE BREAKER has nothing to beat but stay the trip.
5. MIGHTY HEART ran a good 2nd, has a fight on hand as the same rider will try to get a bit extra this time. CART WHEEL has run in higher class, the tracks are fluent. BEE QUICK was a notable winner but no tracks ever since? OWN VOICE appears to have gone backwards like most stable mates.
MIGHTY HEART-CART WHEEL-BEE QUICK
6. PLEASANT GLORY has been tracked, the horse is unreliable. SUDEN THUNDER is down in class, has been loafing for long. SPARKLIND ADVENTURE surprised all by his finishing effort under a rookie in last run, the hard riding jockey has a chance in higher class as the field is weak. FLIP YOUR DESTINY has only to be tried to flip the rest, has come down a lot but the trainer is snoozing.
SPARKLING ADVENTURE-PLEASNT GLORY-SUDDEN THUNDER
7. GARA FLUID is down in class, has a rider who can coax him to run up front. COMMANCHE WAR PAINT is a flop show. PRINCELY GESTURE has been tracked after long. WESTERN PALACE has a try jockey. MEXICAN WAVE is the gamble horse of the trainer today. CORUS has to do something or he goes as a pony for the riding school.
GARA FLUID-CORUS-MEXICAN WAVE
DAYS BEST====FROZEN FIRE
DOUBLE======GOLD CROWN – MIGHTY HEART
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:17 AM