A. The longest racing season in the country at the worst race course should get off to a start today barring rains which are threatening to play spoilsport. Why the management has never bothered to split the racing into two season’s ;ie, monsoon and winter like all other centers is just not understood. The horses, very few in numbers have been tracking for the last one month. The track looks firm and green and the local racing die- hards have been waiting for the season to commence. The condition inside stables remains as pathetic as ever with the living quarters of the trainers, jockeys and the staff looking like ghettos. Public facilities remain avoidable places to go, hygiene and cleanliness is never an agenda with the club management, wonder when the Govt will intervene and ask the club to move out like the Bangalore authorities have done. As it is the sensitivity of the neighboring complex pf the Prime Minster’s residence can always be an excuse to push the race course out to any obscure corner, why it is not been done is may be because no such vacant corners are left for the Govt to offer for the racing to be relocated.
B. The racing here is dominated by the horses belonging to breeder’s caucus and few big names as owners. The domination of trainer A Khan is as menacing as is of R Foley at Mysore. He will win the majority of races as for years gone by. There are hardly any jockeys available to take on rides, whatever few are there have no caliber whatsoever, the only reasonable rider Rajinder has not been sighted on the tracks for the last few months as he has been riding at Kolkata.
C. The opening days fair is as lack luster as one could assume. Six races framed due to very few entries for handicap races. What is very glaring is the lack of reasonable jockeys, K Narender who has been a very average jockey in last season has been entrusted with prepared mounts, let us see how much he can deliver.
1. CROSSWORD has been tracked by G Shekhawat a few times. LITTLE CUT has been scrubbed in tracks, should be tried straightaway by the sporting owner. SANGREAL has been a disappointment in most runs last season. ZIMZIR is yet to grace the board despite seven runs.
2. YARE can go start to finish, has been tracking well. CHOICE FOR EVER has not yet come to hand. SERIOUS ATTITUDE looks backward despite being brother to speedy MARCEGALIA. LADY TROOPER who has been purchased ex Mumbai is looking good in trials.
3. JEWEL HUNT has run close to three year old winners, despite the age advantage the top weight and an ailing jockey may be dampeners. FIRE QUEEN won very well last season and appears in forward condition. ZUETINA may warm up as she is at a good handicap. YOUNG ANNA impressed in gates.
4. TAKE A CHANCE is a good type who is working well. SHUB SHUB is eye catching in tracks, should go all the way. JUST LIKE A WOMAN may run well. ASHWA PADDMA has not been tracked, the weights appeal.
SHUB SHUB-ASHWA PADDMA-TAKE A CHANCE
5. LITTLE MASTER is working well. SAM ALDO looks to be in forward condition. MORE THAN A WOMAN is pleasing in works. EXOTIC STAR is a well bred who flopped at Mumbai, the present tracks are exciting.
MORE THAN A WOMAN-EXOTIC STAR-SAM ALDO
6. BEFORE YOU is a winner in higher class, the rider is back from serious injury. FIRST N IMPRESSION likes to start the season well, the tracks are forward. THE LADY IS SHADY appears to have come to hand, she is the one all have to compete against here.
THE LADY IS SHADY-FIRST N IMPRESSION-BEFORE YOU
DAYS BEST====THE LADY IS SHADY
DOUBLE======LADY TROOPER=SHUB SHUB
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:35 AM