1. ALWAYS is half brother to ANGELIQUE and should not have any problem of staying, the last two tracks are very encouraging. RESILIENCE has always been running on sufferance, should be thereabouts. ZIPPITY ZIP ran a good 2nd, the gates were good. STARLITE EXPRESS is a one paced horse, has handicap chance.
ALWAYS-STARLITE EXPRESS- ZIPITTY ZIP
2. NATIVE STRATEGY has not won for very long, last time he could not hold on after leading well. STRATHENDICK is an aged animal who may run well. POLARISER is at a stiff handicap. SEPIA TONE has a chance to win if taken to the front at these weights.
SEPIA TONE-NATIVE STRATEGY
3. THREE OF ARTS ran well enough last time showing improvement, has not won for very long. GENTLE KNIGHT should benefit from the two mocks, can not get a simpler field than today. RISING HERO will be the fancy based on the eye catching run, to me the distance is short for this stayer.
RISING HERO-THREE OF ARTS
4. ANGELO is well bred and shining in works. TUDOR REGENT can hope to place here. SAFFRON is a speedy type. TREASURE ISLE is well bred and has run close to good winners in its last two runs.
TREASURE ISLE-ANGELO-TUDOR REGENT
5. ROCKEBY VENUS and SNOW QUEEN have both won over 1800 m before. SNOW QUEEN is running after fine preparation for first time here, the mock race was good. BARBARA may run well at this distance. SADDLER’S RULE was a eye catching fast finisher in last race, has a handicap edge.
SADDLER’S RULE-SNOW QUEEN-BARBARA
6. CHANCELLOR is well bred and speedy type who was given a pulled/ loosing ride last time, needs to be considered if at good odds. ILLUMINATE nearly gobbled up the runaway winner WHISPERING WILLOWS in the final stages of the last run, the jockey was feeble then. LITTLE WARRIOR is by the good sire, the horse may have been pulled when it was the raging favorite, wait and watch. CHINGARI is a place prospect at good odds.
7. RIVER PRIDE is half brother to speedy ARISTOS, the mocks should have bought him on. DESERT QUEEN has been tracking for too long, needs to be given a good look if backed by the owner. SALUTE THE STAR looks cut above based on its runs but has a habit of not winning. GREAT WHITE is pleasing in works.
RIVER PRIDE-DESERT QUEEN- SALUTE THE STAR-
8. CALYPSO DANCER has a positive rider switch. CLOUD COVER is in forward form, the extra distance may be a deterrent. KAPATHOS is genuine horse for for this distance. SHODAAN lost by a whisker, needs to be supported again.
SHODAAN-CALYPSO DANCER-CLOUD COVER
9. BLACK PARTRIDGE has a rookie after its last win, can go all out again. HAMMER HEAD is blazing the tracks after failing as a favorite. LIBERATOR is half brother to black type GOLD STAR, I Am impressed by the last gates recently, can win in first attempt. WHITE HART LANE has not lived upto the fine blood lines. BEACON LIGHT is at a cute handicap with a promising rookie.
LIBERATOR-BEACON LIGHT-HAMMER HEAD
DAYS BEST====TREASURE ISLE
DOUBLE======ILLUMINATE X LIBERATOR
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:08 AM