1. APACHE INDIAN led and finished a faraway 2nd in last run, will be trying to do better now. RIVER MINSTREL is the best bred full brother to ELITE EMPIRE and RETRIBUTION, may have come to hand as the tracks are inconclusive. PRINCE BRIJENDRA has been tried over a staying trip at Pune, should be in the fighting line with the good jockey. NARA is liking the hard surface and can beat the hopeful 4 years if he warms up like last time.
NARA-PRINCE BRIJENDRA-APACHE INDIAN
2. OYSTER BLUE had blown away the field in last run and continues to track well, the competition may come from stable mate who is receiving chunks of weight, let us see if the delhi based owner can get to repeat. WHISPERING WILLOWS has not been raced at merit by the foreigner in last run, has credentials. The choice of rider on DEEP PURPLE is perplexing, may be going or not. ENTICEMENT is full sister to PAMPERED PRINCESS, the speedy type a few years ago, may show out as tracks are improved. RISING GLORY , is sister to good type ENAKSI, has a handicap chance.
RISING GLORY-OYSTER BLUE-WHISPERING WILLOWS
3. BLESSINGS won in a poor field, looks tough to do well now. CAMBIASSO has been a disappointment so far, can not be backed even though he has raced against good types. BARBARA is keen one for this trip. STRAUSS is a well bred who goes with weight advantage with a decent jockey, belongs to a trainer who wins at good odds.
4. WEIZHOU has back breaking weight to carry. TSESEBE has been brought down a bit. CHIMERIQUE has a decent jockey, the trip suits. IRISH QUEEN has yet to be supported by the owner, may be the day. SWAHILLI ran miserably as a favorite, it may have been a case of intentionally not trying the horse.
5. FLARING SUN warmed up in a sprint to land the spoils ion last race , now goes over a suitable distance. BRIGHT FUTURE won all the way, has to beat the penalty. MIDSUMMER KNIGHT appeals the most after his smashing win. ROSE OF TEXAS won in friendly circumstances, can not repeat.
MID SUMMER KNIGHT-FLARING SUN-BRIGHT FUTURE
6. Looks like another race for the owner who is getting used to picking up maiden’s events regularly as all the trainers and breeders are keen to get him to buy/train horses for them respectively. NATIONAL GLORY is brother to SACRED RELIC, looks in fine condition from works. OCEAN AND BEYOND has been waited with as others were to be tried, tracks are good. TWIN SPICE is well bred to topple the favorite as he is top bred brother to decent types OUR FORTUNE and CLARION CALL. DIGNITY AMPLIFIED belongs to a decent combination of trainer, owner and rider who have been consistent. The gate practices may have brought on the filly/
OCEAN AND BEYOND-TWIN SPICE-DIGNITY AMPLIFIED
7. RIVER PRIDE is half brother to ARISTOS, has been raced at all distances to find the mark, may be a bit long here. SOLOR was given an easy non try ride by the same rider. BLUEBIRD is a well bred brought in who has tracked very well like others from this top trainer, looks good here. SATSUMA STAR is from a good racer, has been tracking well and should run well at this distance.
BLUEBIRD-RIVER PRIDE-SATSUMA STAR
8. ESTEVEZ is a speedy type who is conceding weight and is stiff on handicap. PHOSPHOR is tracking fast, can trouble the speediest here. SMOKIN ACES was undone by the outside draw in last run, can go all the way, the tracks are best. WILD TORRANADO comes into reckoning based on consistency.
9. ROYAL GESTURE is maintaining form. SILVER SANDS had won all the way and the rider is repeated. VIOLETTA is best bred and had emerged with a flourish from the rear pack to nail front runners in last impressive win. SEA HONOUR is a well bred who has been kept in stables for too long, starts his carrier as a four year old as this trainer is known for delivering only with older lots.
VIOLETTA-SILVER SANDS-ROYAL GESTURE
DAYS BEST====SMOKIN ACES
DOUBLE======BLUE BIRD X VIOLETTA
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:58 AM