(A). A record number of races have been framed for the last day of the winter season. This may be considered as an encumbrance for many but the club has been kind to the large number of small time owners who have older horses running for them. The racing centres in the country are dominated by the breeder’s fraternity which has managed to frame rules to suit their interests and almost in most centres horses at a particular age are only allowed to race.
(B). Mysore is one of those centres where racing is primarily for older horses. Though debatable, but the basic criteria of setting age as the parameter for participation is controversial, as the more important issue of fitness is not considered. I am of the opinion that horses should be allowed participation if they are racing fit. See the results of the horses who are going to retire from today evening onwards, some of them will even win today and are capable of further racing. What is the use of allowing bandaged, lame and hunch back horses just because they are young. Stables are full of unfit younger horses who race just once or twice during the season.
©. Today’s card is going to be very competitive for the obvious reasons. It may pay to focus on the form of the 9 and 10 year olds who will be all out in their final attempts to earn the bucks.
1. ROMANTIC DESIGN-ACTIVISTO –MAHSEER
2. ZINDABAD-RAGING RIVER-SUNLAA
3. WELLINGTON-MID SUMMER STAR-SMILE AGAIN
4. STAR OF PARADISE-FOREVER GRANDE –STORNOWAY
5. VICTORY QUEEN-HEROISM-HERO’S DOMINANCE
6. WORLD IS TOO MUCH-CHAMPION’S LEAGUE-AL QAMAR
7. PRICELESS BOND-SPECIAL FORCE-EASY RIDER
8. PRINCESS NERO-BEHRAM
9. HIDDEN PLEASURES-KALYUG RAJA-RIDE AND SHINE
10. LUSH FOLIAGE-DANGER DIABOLIC-PLACE HER WELL
11. THUNDER ON-SANDOKAN-GOLD GRID
12. SERIOUS WARRIOR-JERICHO-MAGICAL ECSTASY
DOUBLE=====STAR OF PARADISE X HIDDEN PLEASURES
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:32 AM