1. HOBSON’S CHOICE has been in betting order before last two runs, the runs have been below par with good riders. GOOD GIFT is in fine form, the allowance jockey has a fighting chance. CUTE ANGEL has the rider to deliver, it has been on a reducing mission and is likely to reverse its position vis a vis GOOD GIFT who appears to have an edge. HAUTE APPEAL placed first time in career with a good jockey, goes with a poor jockey, may be for odds.
CUTE ANGEL-GOOD GIFT-HAUTE APPEAL
2. INDIAN ROYALTY is a well bred brother to DANCING HIGHNESS , belongs to a very mature owner who bets heavily on good bets, the horse is tracking very well. RECORD BREAKER has been eye catching in tracks, will be backed and fancied based on Mumbai runs, the worry is the intent on part of connections. MATIAS has placed in both runs without impressing much. CLASSICAL CHARM is from a stout tail line well bred black type dam, the late sires crop has taken time in coming to hand. The filly has been well prepared.
RECORD BREAKER-INDIAN ROYALTY-CLASSICAL CHARM
3. ALEXANDER HELIOIS is from a speedy dam, the trainer is average who is doing very poorly this season, the horse has problems of good jump. EMERALD is a nervous type filly who can not be considered for a win. ELUSIVE WAY is by a very good sire, the horse has been prepared for the job, should be backed. JAANAVI is showing lots of speed in tracks.
ELUSIVE WAY-ALEXANDER HELIOS-EMERALD
4. CARNIVAL OF JOY has been held back, has come to the weights where it had won last year, the allowance jockey may go all the way. MOMENT OF TRUTH is by a speedy mare and has improved after the last run. BONZIZN may place if tried. SARATOGA had run some encouraging races in winters, the rider should be fancying his chances in this poor set up.ALLEGRO has been braught down in scales, the horse has not won in last three years.
CARNIVAL OF JOY –ALLEGRO-SARATOGA
5. YAMAS had fought out and lost narrowly to DEEP BLUE SKY , now has a good jockey at top weight. GUNPOWDER was a runaway winner in lower class, has staying capabilities. GOLDEN QUEST sees the return of the jockey on Ramaswamy’s horse after many years, the horse has the breeding to trouble the field over this trip. WORK FORCE is full brother to black type GLORIOUS BAY , was in betting order in last run, the added distance and the weights are in favor.
GOLDEN QUEST-WORK FORCE- -YAMAS
7. DEFIANCE has been given runs and now has the rider to deliver. PREZZIE has been prepared by this very jockey and should run a fighting race up front, can upset. SUPREME ARCH warmed up to be on board in last run. SNOW PEAKS has run against better types, the tracks are encouraging.
DEFIANCE-SNOW PEAKS-SUPREME ARCH
8. FLEET INDIAN showed return to form in finishing on to BECKET in last run, has the class to go the trip with the good rider. ARABIAN PRINCE won under a surprised jockey on his own steam, has got form to fight out as the trip is unknown for all. TOPKAPI is a front runner who has a grilling distance to travel. LEAVE IT TO ME looks weak on handicap, the filly has been meticulously prepared by the shrewd trainer.
FLEET INDIAN-ARABIAN PRINCE
9. CLASSIC CHARGE is at a tough handicap after the penalty for last defeat by an aged horse, but maybe he needed the run. CAPRIOSKA needs a bit of distance. THE SPARTAN is for the long odds seekers, the horse is due to deliver. ALPHA BABY ran disappointingly in last run, has got speed to win if ridden up front. HALL OF GLORY won thrice at Kolkata and has been tracking well, the well bred may find it difficult in this class despite the good tracks and low weights.
CLASSIC CHARGE-HALL OF GLORY-THE SPARTAN
10. BLUE ORIGIN is looking for a hat trick, has finished on to win both times showing improvement. AMBER STAR gave a lot of anxiety to the public fancy in last run, the allowance jockey has his task to repeat the performance. OUR CRUISE was under the whip in last run, the jockey has a chance to place. PERSIAN PRINCESS has been prepared, the rider gives her an edge.
PERSIAN PRINCESS-AMBER STAR-OUR CRUISE
DAYS BEST====ELUSIVE WAY
DOUBLE----------RECORD BREAKER X PERSIAN PRINCESS
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:15 AM