1. DOON BOY has been in some form, goes with a try jockey. DAZZLING LIGHT won in poor company, has a tough ask now. ASHWA PARVAT impressed in gates and has the same rider for a runaway try. NASEEBDAR may be in the hunt.
ASHWA PARWAT-WIN. DOON BOY-PLACE
2. ASMA is in fine form, the allowance jockey can try to hit the front and run away. TRUSTED FRIEND is a good handicapper with a jockey switch. BLACK PARTRIDGE has a chance but the placement of the jockey is negative. PACEMAKER should bleed, why the trainer is taking this chance, the horse had bled in gates two days back. ENERGETIC GIRL goes at a tidy weight and should win.
ENERGETIC GIRL-WIN. ASMA-PLACE.
3. DREAM DEBUT has improved after the last run. AMITY is tracking very well, looks tough on handicap. REAL SPEED impressed in mocks, discount earlier runs this season. THE DUKES can build up on current form.
DREAM DEBUT/REAL SPEED-Both Ways.
4. On paper it is difficult to see any challenge what so ever for SHUBH SHUBH who has beaten most hopefuls while conceding chunks of weight, as a bookie I would not quote much odds for this horse here, but racing is known for it’s uncertainties of things happening in different ways. THE ROCK is on the up and can place. GIN AND TONIC has ratings to be considered.
SHUBH SHUBH-WIN. THE ROCK-PLACE
5. SUDDEN IMPACT is at a difficult handicap. REAL SCOTCH has won at this distance a few times. ROSE was a good 2nd and should be fancied on that score, the dam was a miler. TURKISH DOLL has worked well. FEARLESS TIGER has a lot to do here.
ROSE-WIN. TURKISH DOLL-PLACE.
6. LITTLE MASTER can figure on board. GREEN RIBBON is tracking fine. EL SALVADOR needs this run. VARUN should be fancied now. JOHNNY BRAVO is being fooled with, the last bad run was too bad to be true, the tracks speak differently.
JOHNNY BRAVO(If backed)-WIN. VARUN-PLACE
7. RED REEF was a runaway winner and may repeat. POWER HOUSE is a failed favorite with a useless jockey. CLASSIC SPIRIT is hiding true form, can beat all easily. FOROOZAAN may run well.
RED REEF-WIN/ CLASSIC SPIRIT(If Backed)-WIN. FOROOZAN -PLACE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:15 AM
1. ABBY’S BABY is tracking smartly, the breeding is good for longer trip. WAIKATO has been tracking well for long, the freshman sire appears to be promising, should do well if tried. BRILLIANCE is a got abroad who is looking good in tracks. CELEBRITY is by the classic mare LITTLEOVER, should be fighting from the front.
2. HARD TO PIN DOWN placed under a poor rider, will be fancied to win now with this rider. DELACROIX appears to have come to hand, needs the first run. VAYOMI may place after the easy run last time. KARISINI has an average jockey, has been pleasing in works, can win on backing as she is well bred.
3. LEGEND REBORN is running after long, has tracked well with this rider who won well yesterday. DIVINE TOUCH has got a rider who appears to be on the up, the ride on LADY DUFF was a good effort. COOL WHISTLE has been a flop so far. SKY GLIDER has a jockey switch. THUNDERING DON can place .
EAT-COOL WHISTLE. LEGEND REBORN-Both ways.
4. MYSTERE finished on late in last run, has a good allowance jockey. EMERALD is a tail swisher, last run was poor. ACCURATE looks improved after last run. SUN GOLD is tracking well.
5. The race should be between STRATEGIC CHANGE who has an awkward running style and the decent type LOVE CONQUERS ALL. The former has run with classic hopefuls and the latter belongs to a trainer who is often soft with his wards till he gets good odds. SWIFT STAR may challenge with the good rider at hand.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL-Both ways.
6. CEILO REY has top weight to carry. CRMINAL LAWYER was a fighting 2nd to IMMENSE, the distance is a worry. TOPKAPI has been consistent last few months and may do well in this field. OBAN goes at a tidy weight with the best rider.
7. ONE LIFE TO LOVE is an ordinary bred who has shown tremendous improvement in last couple of runs. COULEUR ROUGE was a poor runner in last run, can rebound. SIACHEN has tracked extremely well, the mocks have been positive and should be the one to beat. STRING ALONG is the best on handicap, the trip is ideal, the short rest and the travel to and fro dampen her chances somewhat.
8. JUNO is a capable horse, ignore last easy run. CITRALI can not be backed as the trainer is an unsure type. SUN DAWN is tracking well. CROWN EMPRESS may go all the way, has disappointed so far.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 9:00 AM
1. SKYRIDER is tracking well. WALTZ AWAY is a well bred who is shining in tracks.ADONIS was a good 2nd to ANNA , can win under this jockey. WAR ARTIST impressed in mocks, looks very fit from works.LAD FURY has been prepared for the first run.
ADONIS-WIN. WAR ARTIST-Place
2. SUN ABSOLUTE is a well bred who is showing out in works, needs this run. WINDSOR PARK is showing speed in trials, will be backed for win by the betting stable. JACK O LANTERN looks improved after the last run. THRILLSEEKER was in betting order last time, can run on board. AVIANT is a got abroad who impressed in gates, can win based on last run.
3. VALAHAK impressed in gates, needs this run. CROWN VISION looks good in tracks, has a rookie to go all the way. FLAME BACK could not quicken enough to win when favored last time. WILD NEXUS is the dark ‘un who has good breeding, ran easy in mocks.
CROWN VISION-WIN. WILD NEXUS-UPSET.
4. CAMELOT should build up over the last fine run, the rookie jockey has potential. MAGESTERIAL is a classic hopeful, looks under prepared but has nothing to beat here.LUSH LASHES is a front runner who goes over pet trip. SWEET CAROLINE should run well at bottom weight with the rookie jockey.
5. EINSTEIN should run well with this jockey, last run was suggestive. LADY DUFF has been prepared , needs this run. MISS RUBY is speedy. TANZANITE has the weights in favor and the rider to deliver.
6. GLORY TO DANCER is a good type, looks very fit but has not run for a very long time. JORIKI is tracking well. MARIE CURIE is showing out in tracks. SIMPLY PHENOMNAL has a chance to place.
MARIE CURIE/ JOIRKI-PLACE.
7. NATIVE CROWN is in good form. SKY DRIVE has tracked well, the rider is poor. TRILLION WIN has come to hand, this rider may win on this one. ALLEGRO continues to be hopeful.DIVINE SRIKE should place.
TRILLION WIN/SKY DRIVE-WIN/PLACE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:12 AM
1. FULMINATOR is brother to speedy LOGAN’S RUN, looks soft in tracks. GOODWOOD PARK has been well tracked and the rider has an edge. WARRIOR RACE is well bred but is still to come up. MASTER BELIEF is half sister to SPARK OF MARCHADOR and looks fit.
MASTER BELIEF-WIN. GOOD WOOD PARK-Place.
2. LITTLE MASTER veered out in last run, has an allowance jockey to do well. POWER HOUSE has the positive jockey switch, looks forward. SAM ALDO can place, the jockey is not doing justice to his mounts. SILVER GIRL looks improved after the last run. BLACK VIRGIN is a youngster who gave indication of form in last run.
Eat-POWER HOUSE. BLACK VIRGIN-Place.
3. ASHWA PRATAP ran disappointingly in last run, the stable is low in confidence. SONIC BOOM goes over the ideal trip after the good win over a sprint last time. AFEA is at a tidy handicap, may do the trick with the fly in jockey.
4. MOVIE QUEEN was a runaway winner who should repeat. SHOCKING STAR is the youngster with a good rider, may need the run though. FEARLESS NEGOTIATOR may place again. CLASSIC SPIRIT has been fooled around with, can go all the way if backed by the lowly rated stable.
MOVIE QUEEN-Bothways. Eat-SHOCKING STAR if favorite.
5. KEMROCK is in good form, handicap is tough. DESTINED PRINCE is tracking well, will be in the fray. ODE TO NATURE has the rider to do well here. DOON BOY can be on the board.
ODE TO NATURE-Both ways.
6. SPLENDID MAN needs a better rider, the distance suits. PACE MAKER is tracking fast. KOHINOOR EMPIRE has handicap chance. LILLY is speedy but may find it tough here. ODDS N EVENS is well bred and has the rider switch. CLASS N MYSTIC has to deal with the penalty for the last win.
EAT-Lilly if favorite. ODDS N EVENS-Both ways.
7. ASHWA PARINDA ran well in 3 year olds and was then given a poor run. GANDIVA is speedy, tracks are indicative. CRYSTAL PISTOL can do well with the aging jockey. PRINCE RAILCO should be fighting out.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:29 AM
1. STEELY DAN was given a run at Pune after a long break due to injury, has the rider to fight out. SAFFRON has been given a number of reducing runs and now has weight advantage, the problem is with the very unsure trainer. APPALINA and GAMBA have some semblance of doing well but hard for them to win .
2. SU CHALIYO at top weight has the best jockey, will need lots from him to win. SHOWSTOPPER may not find the distance suitable. APACHE INDIAN has come down in scales and may upset.
3. DEAR LIZA needs more turf, has a mediocre rider. HIGHLAND FLAME goes over ideal trip, has worked well. LAGO MEDIO is due to do well someday. BLUE MARINE has a tough ask against the speedy WILD TORRANADDO who has a handicap jockey in top form.
WILD TORRANNADO- Both ways or Eat –Favorite.
4. EL TROPICO and FOREST FLAIR should be on weight reducing mission now. ARES is out of form, hence ATTILA at low weights should win.
5. OCEAN ADMIRAL has run against good types, can run well here. ANGEL’S PURSUIT and STAR OF VENUS are closely matched. ELIZABETH is the good type with the best jockey and working well.
ELIZABETH- Win. ANGEL’S PURSUIT-Place.
6. SPRINT STAR does not have a regular good jockey in foreign track, a big disadvantage. DIEGO RIVIERA is tracking well, may need a run. CELESTIAL WAY goes a bit over distance. JUVENTUS is in fine form, can win.
7. ZAFAYONA has done well over staying trips but is conceding weight here. CAMACHO is from the top sire from a very prolific and good mare who has given some good stayers. The horse has come up a lot and despite being low on handicap gets a chance to win. MOON STAR is ordinarily bred, looks good on paper, has tracked well.
WELLS FARGO is a winner of four races, likes shorter trips now. TOP ACTION has been given a good rest and may deliver with the good jockey. ARABIAN EMPIRE continues to be a maiden, has a fringe chance. PARIS HILTON can upset. THE FIRST LADY is bound to run a forward race.
TOP ACTION / PARIS HILTON-Place.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:06 AM
1. A most interesting race as none of these horses have ever placed for money. THUNDERING DON is the only one to have run on board. He belongs to a downhill trainer more busy scheming for his son’s trained horses in Mysore. IDEAL MATCH has the breeding and the rider but belongs to a tainted trainer. SPLENDID DANCER has the best allowance jockey and is tracking. ANGEL QUEEN was unnecessarily bet upon in Mysore where she swallowed ill placed money.
SPLENDID DANCER / THUNDERING DON-Place. Eat-Favorite.
2. AIRPLAY is best bred horse with a top jockey, has tracked very well and should win. The fight should be from PLAKA who is really fast in works and has the good jockey. NORTH CAPE is well bred but may need this run. CUMULUS NIMBUS can place if any of favored ones don’t perform.
3. LOCK AND LOAD is down in class, has an ordinary rookie. LEONARDO is unreliable, has worked well. SPARK OF REVERNCE will be in the fray, has run over longer trips though. CAPTAIN’S LOVER has low weights and a willing jockey if bet upon.
CAPTAIN’S LOVER-WIN. LEONARDO-Place.
4. POLISH PATRIOT has come up in last two season’s, the jockey is new, can not be considered seriously. BLINK has run well to be in reckoning. SOBERANO goes over pet trip, has worked well. SHOYGUNN is showing fluency and should be inviting based on last good 2nd. CHINTZ has the rider to hit the front and out run the lot..
5. PERFECT ANALYSIS has not been able to live up to his billing, may be bet upon since the trainer is doing good with gambles. REFRESH has good chance here. FLIP YOUR DESTINY is a good handicapper, has won 4 races. STAR LEAGUE is still searching for first win, has a decent r rider..
6. LOVE ME TENDER is showing out in trials, will be fancied by the betting stable. SPARK OF GALAXY is tracking fine. FANTABULOUS STAR goes over the pet trip, has a chance to do well at good odds. KARSINI is a well bred waiting for the gamble call, may be it is the day.
KARISINI-Win if backed.FANTABULOUS STAR-Place.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:03 AM
1. AFRICAN QUEEN is best bred and tracking extremely well and should be fancied ahead of MID TOWN MAGIC who is working fast and has a try jockey. PURPLE GLOW is by a good sire but is looking soft from gates and tracks. DIAMOND FLAME may place as the sire looks hopeful.
2. AILSA has not run for long and the jockey will have his task cut out on this one. SEVEN HEAVEN had finished on nicely to the good type in last run and should be supported each way here.
3. SAVVY CONCEPT, SEVEN STAR are both plodders and have failed often to be kept away from. RIP VAN WINKLE is well bred and may have come to hand with the old and good trainer and it maty be worth the chance to have a double bet on this one.
4. BRAAVO is working extremely well and should win from SPARK OF SOLITAIRE who threw a strong challenge to EAGLE CLAWS in the last run.
5. APPOLONAIRE has credentilas to win at decent odds, the trainer is like his father, looses on favorites and wins at good odds. KRIPA belongs to a most dubious trainer and may win if there is serious effort on the teams part to be honest. GLITERRATO is an in out running type, may surprise.
6. ELUSIVE WAY sees the return of the foreign jockey for this high costing and fashinable trainer. The horse looks good here. MOOVES GOOD ENOUGH has not been permitted to run on merit at timews. SIMPLY RED should be the one to put up a fight. A return of the aging Krishnan on AMAZER is really amazing, he is a spirited fellow.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 8:48 AM
1. SADDLER’S RULE has often given indication of winning but still remains a maiden, the long stretch here should be of help in this poor field. REINSTATE has age on side, looks very tough for repeat. EQUALITY has been a let down. The threat emanates from URUJ who is tracking well and can run for money if he breaks out well.
URUJ/ SADDLER’S RULE-JODI
2. RAN BANKA has not performed for long, today he gets the top rider to show out. TATTENHOE has been tried a number of times last season, is a fringe horse, may do well with allowance jockey. BLADES OF GLORY has handicap chance.
3. ENDLESS HORIZON is a well bred who is tracking fine. LYRICAL SYMPHONY showed out in mocks, should run well .MOONLIGHT BEAUTY is vastly improved since the last run .
LYRICAL SYMPHONY TO ENDLESS HORIZON-JODI.
4. SERENITY is a speedy one, this trainer just doesn’t work his horses on tracks? Not a betting proposition despite the weak field . RIVER BLITZ is working fast and should do well. BATISTA needs to be given this run, has not run for long, the rider is weak. DANTE ROSSETI is the first runner from this new and unheard of trainer, the horse is stepping down in trip.
RIVER BLITZ-Both ways.
5. SUPERIOR QUEST is there on the tracks everyday, should do well if the extra 200m are not a bother. ELOISE has to improve to be in money here. STAR WARRIOR was a reasonable 4th in Derby, looks good at these weights.
STAR WARRIOR-WIN. SUPERIOR QUEST-Place.
6. DARE DEVIL , a brother to SKY DRIVE is looking speediest in tracks after the last easy run. HIAWATHA is tracking fluently and should be in thick of it . OUR CHIEFTAIN is full brother to VIVA LA VIDA, may show out. LAKE COMO has been given number of gates, the full sister to black type QUEST FOR CASH has a chance. MARTINIQUE is from a speedy dam line, the full sister to EKHABINSKYA needs a shorter trip. SWEET MEMORIES is by the fine black type mare who gave us SECRET MEMORY as her first foal who went on to win Pune Derby, the filly needs to be watched.
7. EYE OF THE STORM was mostly in money in Pune, may get switched off now. DRAMA QUEEN has an outside chance. LEGIONNAIRE is showing speed in tracks. ENCHANTED has to beat the penalty. SATYAMEV JAYTE, an aptly named horse can build up on initial run, has the looks of doing well.
SATYAMEV JAYTE-WIN OR JDOI- S JAYTE / LEGIONNAIRE
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:46 AM
1. POMMERY is speedy and in form, will try to force the pace. GENIOUS BOY should provide the jockey his first win , he is also allegedly the “benami” owner of this horse. KHAMAKHYA ran easy last time, has tracked well. YARE will continue to interest the punters with place proposition.
GENIOUS BOY-WIN. YARE-Place
2. SIROCCO was surprisingly bet last time against youngsters and as expected ran way behind. He has a poorer opposition today. RESILIENCE looks much better placed against the in form NONIOS, the mock attempt was good. KIANA was a short priced failed favorite in last attempt, should win at cramped odds if there is no hanky panky from the gambling stable’s side.
3. MASTER BLASTER has been impressive, won well last time as a favorite, the top weight and distance is a worry. JOVIAL won a 14oo m all the way, the distance will be too much now. KOHINOOR BEAUTY was an unlucky looser and needs to be supported despite the steepness of the trip.
KOHINOOR BEAUTY/ MASTER BLASTER-JODI Or the First named for win.
4. GO WITH THE FLOW has disappointed in last couple of runs. BENEDICTUS belongs to a cunning trainer, was not ON last time being a favorite, will win if odds suit. STEEL FORCE has an outside chance based on handicap. FOROOZAN has been given easy runs, can upset.
5. DESTINED PRINCE was an impressive winner who will try to repeat. FASCINATING MEMORY could not comprehend the speed of runaway winner last time as a favorite, needs to be given another chance. NEKO was a long odds winner from the ordinary sire, can keep on doing well. FEARLESS NEGOTIATOR has a handicap chance.
FASCINATING MEMORY- WIN. DESTINED PRINCE-Place
6. POWER HOUSE has a decent chance to win, ignore last easy run. SAM ALDO has a good chance to beat the first named on handicap, the rider is doping so far this season. ABSOLUT is a one paced animal, the allowance jockey has to do well to goad him on. UNICORN has been on the tracks for long, watch?. HUGE PRICE has a chance to place.
POWER HOUSE-WIN. EAT -ABSOLUT
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:27 AM
1. ALEJANDROS has been running under sufferance all through, can place only. STINGER was a notable runner in last run, he is yet a maiden. BEE FOR YOU flopped after being bet upon. NANO BLUE has an eager rider and weights in favor. NEW PASTURES has good jockey at low weights.
Jodi-STINGER X NEW PASTURES
2. AMAZON may be tried now, has scales to deal with. LATIN TWISTER was a surprise winner who is tracking again. PASSAGE OF TIME was gambled upon but failed, needs to be supported now with this rider. BOCCONCINO is a transferee from Bangalore and may surprise. KILLER FOOT may run well.
PASSAGE OF TIME -WIN. Watch and Bet if Backed-BOCCONCINO
3. SERIOUS WARRIOR is in forward condition and has a jockey to try. MR SUNRISE has won at these weights before, can do well. BRIANSTTA has a handicap chance. IRISH INTELLECT has been waited with, should be running well.
IRISH INTELLECT- Place.
4. PREZZIE ran well in last attempt and has been tracked. ALL FOR CASH has been waited with, can be a good gamble any time. ACTOR may run on board. INTIFADA is an enigma?
ALL FOR CASH-WIN
5. PRICELESS BOND has come down in scales. SWISS QUEEN has the rider to go all the way. GRIS RAPIDE is a speedy one. Watch the board for indication on WILD TEMPER, can win any day on backing by the betting stable.
WILD TEMPER X SWISS QUEEN –JODI
6. MISS RUBY is fastest one but has the top weight and an average jockey. BALTHAZAR is due for a win. Looks tough for HERE COMES THE DON, no tracks? PLACE HER WELL has a handicap chance. MARCEGALIA is tracking well.
7. WAR HEAD is in good condition and despite his age will run for money. CATIONIC is a good type of youngster who has the retirement facing jockey. MAGICAL SPIRIT can place. BEHRAM is the one who is working well and is down in scales.
CATIONIC-WIN . BEHRAM/WAR HEAD –Place
8. TURF RAIDER is maintaining form. EONA has come down to striking level, watch. REFUSE TO BEND was an unlucky looser in last run, should be considered here, why this jockey?, the trainer is trying to mislead. REGENT’S PARK is due to surprise.
EONA Or REGENT’S PARK ( belong to trainer brothers)-Both ways. Latter is Better
9. BILLO RANI has been well prepared and given mocks. CARNIVAL OF JOY has a weak jockey. SHE’S FOR CASH was backed against Bangalore types but did not deliver, may surprise. GAME FACE won very well, should repeat.
GAME FACE- WIN. SHE’S FOR CASH-Place
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:21 AM
1. SOLAR ANGEL looks fine on handicap but has to face improving 3 year olds. OCEAN TOUCH gets a good rider for first time so will run for money. ARISEN STAR has run well last time and can upset.
2. CONSTANTINA ran well in Deccan Fillies Trial Stakes and should be fancied to beat this mediocre field. FROST FAIRY has improved with each run. CHINGARI may finish on again.
3. A straight fight between SNOW BLAZE and INDOMITABLE who is being ridden by a mediocre jockey.
4. BEAUTIFUL STRANGER disappointed in both runs at Pune and hence BULLET can beat him being the winner of two sprints.
5. RED TABASCO has the good rider , last run was badly interfered with. AWESOMENESS has physical problems as he is sparingly raced, no tracks. DANCING GLANCES can win as a good thing if ridden close to the fence.
DANCING GLANCES-WIN. Cover Bet-RED TABASCO
6. MOONLIGHT ROMANCE is well rested and sufficiently tracked to win at low weights. WEIZHOU had shown out in some outings at Pune and can do well.
7. SUNSET BOULEVARD is in speedy form to beat them all. CIEL INDIENNE is one paced. ROYAL HIGHNESS is tracking very well.
8. STAR EMPIRE looks improved, looks weak on comparison. ILLUSTRIOUS looks in top form in tracks. SCARLETTE is a hype horse who flopped in last run, watch. ICON looks good against STAR EMPIRE nad can do well.
9. STARRY OCEAN is a very well bred on the up and can repeat. THEIR LITTLE SISTER was interfered with and can upset at this centre. ROYAL GESTURE runs well when fresh.CARRIBEAN QUEEN is tracking well, the trip may be sharp and somehow this jockey does not look confident at this centre.
THEIR LITTLE SISTER-Place. Eat-CARRIBEAN QUEEN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:34 AM
1. SEGOMO stands tall in this set up. JACK O LANTERN, YOU'RE ROCKING and PRINCESS COUP have chance to place.
2. CAVALARY CHARGE was put off by the grassy conditions in summer, he always tracks fast and looks to resume winning ways with the foreign jockey. The main challenger should be HEAT HAZE who was impressive in Mysore.
3. SKY TRAIN had won his last start all the way and is bound to be in the fray as he is working well. UNLEASHED was an impressive winner who maintains good form. SMART WAYS can run well here, I do not think DUCHESS OF YORK is ready yet.
SKY TRAIN-Both ways.
4. JAANVI was most disappointing in last run, may rebound.KIRTLING is a got abroad who has a poor jockey, may be going easy. MATIAS with this rider in top form looks good. A SHOOTING STAR has worked well.
5. SALONI has an allowance jockey and that is a disadvantage here. SKY DIVER is looking fit. CLEAR MANDATE has been eye catching in tracks, should be the one all have to catch.ELITE LAND has come to hand late and is now goimg to run better.
6. SWEET TIMER has the jockey to deliver if ridden up front. SUN GOLD should run well. LAD ZONE is pleasing in works. MAN DOWN UNDER is always running with this useless jockey, the trainer knows best, the horse is prepared.
7. IMMENSE looks good despite the frightful behaviour prior to the annulled Derby. He ran well in mocks and should be running at short odds in this poor field. SPEAR HEAD has gone down with the number of outings, may place. RADICAL FORCE has impressed in Mysore and should be a good place bet. OBAN is having a decent jockey
8. VIRTUOSO is coming around, has a rookie at top weight. BRUNETTA is single paced, can make it in this company. JORIKI has worked well. CORLEONE led into the final furlong in last run, has the rider to go all the way here.
9. SPARK OF REVERENCE can run well. ORDAINED ONE ran pathetically in last run, should be left alone. AZTEC GOLD was given a deliberately loosing ride to facilitate the winning of BALMORAL CASTLE for the scheming owner, has a good chance now. SUNSPIRIT has been meticulously worked by Mrs Silva, looks good , trip is the only bother.
SUNSPIRIT-WIN. Cover Bet-AZTEC GOLD
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 12:17 PM
1. ANNA is definitely going to attract maximum attention as she has handicap in favor and the tracks are good. ADONIS is tracking well and should place. LAD DIVA is the other one who should be running well as she impressed in gates. SECRETARY GENERAL returns to racing after injury.
2. GUN POWDER is showing lots of eagerness in tracks but is conceding weight to same age group. HI LIFE is going over a suspect trip, the sire has only sprinting type winners so far. FANTABULOUS STAR has a handicap chance. SMART EXOTIC has a good rider.
AVOID-HI LIFE == FANTABULOUS STAR-Place
3. The name of the horse is actually apt for the trainer, GLUTEUS MAXIMUS was pulled in summers, an enquiry was held and forgotten, now the horse has worked well to be a favorite as all other horses have very mediocre riders and credentials. Difficult to say who will beat him. SUGRIV with a bad rider was also a deliberately kept behind runner in summers and was enquired upon? I am tempted by the tracks of FIORUCCI but the rider has been most ordinary. ATTATURK goes for 51st run, has an outside chance if backed.
AVOID-GLUTEUS MAXIMUS == FIORUCCI- Both ways
4. TANZANITE is tracking well and has a decent jockey. STILL WILL is showing speed in trials. SUPERB STYLE should fight out with the good jockey trying all out for his father. LADS GLADIATOR is the dark un to topple all.
JODI—SUPERB STYLE X LADS GLADIATOR
5. LIBERTY SHIP may find it difficult here. SUNDANCE KID is tracking well. GOOD COMPANION is due to earn place money. ALEXANDER HELIOS by the very speedy mare has a decent chance.
6. ABOLINE is tops in handicap, the trip is fine and the horse has tracked well, weights are a worry. TOMSK should run well as the favorite jockey of the horse is riding. APRILLIA is the one who is catching the attention with very forward works, last time it did not stay the extended trip and that is why COULEUR ROUGE the stable mate ran ahead.
7. ALPHA BABY has been given loosing rides, the trainer is most unreliable and may pull a rabbit out of the hat here. SPARK OF ISIS is in form, looks better than CHRONICLE. SIX SHOOTER has been a big failure and may be backed on breeding and hopeful l last run. BUCEPHALUS can scare if he jumps out well. DRAMATIC DANCER had won well and can handle the penalty.
EAT-SIX SHOOTER == Place-ALPHA BABY
8. ASTOUNDING GALLOP looks in top condition from the tracks and must be backed as a good thing. ONE LIFE TO LOVE looks improved, the last win was good. ICE BOUND has beaten ONE LIFE TO LOVE before and has a chance. CROWN EMPRESS is a well bred maiden, may run well.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:12 AM
1. NASEEBDAR is an aged horse who has won 3 races in Western Circuit, may run well. BLACK VIRGIN is a youngster who comes into reckoning based on last run and the very weak field. RED REEF was under the whip but failed narrowly to NONIOS who won again, should deliver now. PRINCE RAILCO is a winner of two races who is down in scales.
2. SUCCESSFUL DREAM is looking fit, may need this run. ABSOLUT should build up on last forward attempt. DAZZLING LIGHT has a chance to place, looks tough for a win. JOHNNY BRAVO with this jockey can go all way.
EAT-DAZZLING LIGHT OR JOHNNY BRAVO-WIN
3. ASHWA PALLAVI looks better than ASHWA PAYALIA but the placement of riders is otherwise. DIVINE GRACE has improved with last run FEARLESS TIGER is speedy and has weights in favor.
4. BEYOND COMPARE is tracking well , can run for win.. SPLENDID MAN finished on well in last run. ASHWA GAMINI has tough handicap. ASHWA PRABHA is knocking for a win.
SPLENDID MAN-Both Ways.
5. SHUBH SHUBH has to deal with handicap and step up in distance, has best form. ASHWA PRATAP was slowly away yet ran well in last encounter. THE ROCK is not going to surrender lead easily if taken to front, can upset.
EAT-SHUBH SHUBH OR ASHWA PRATAP –Both ways.
6. DOON BOY goes over the pet distance. RISING PRINCESS is unreliable mare. BEST OF LUCK should do well again. BENEDICTUS has a rookie rider, can win based on last run.
NOTE---BANGALORE RACES POSTING WILL BE IN DUE TIME
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 8:36 AM
1. LITTLE CUT has already won last month and despite the weak field may not win again though the rider is good. INDIAN BRIDE has an outside chance being a youngster. SPICY MOVE is tracking well. YARE impressed in last run and should be the one to do well in early part of the season.
2. The number of runners from the same connections is a big indicator here and indicates a strong chance for SPARLING GOLD to repeat and beat ROSE who is tracking well. CLAS impressed in gates and may place.
3. MOONGATE MAN will be fancied to repeat based on last impressive win, the rider has been most ordinary here, afraid to take the initiative. The younger and speedy DAZZLE has been well prepared and given a run, should score. FLYING MAJESTY is tracking well. KATMAI has an outside chance to place, is unreliable type.
4. FASCINATING MEMORY has come to hand and won well in last outing to be strongly fancied again. The only horse who has an outside chance is class 3 winner at Bangalore, FANAA . She has come down in scales and is tracking for the day, the rider is capable to go all the way. MOOVIE QUEEN is speedy and at low weights.
FANAA- Both ways.
5. DREAM DEBUT is tracking well and has a rookie who is yet to win. SUDDEN IMPACT is in good form, handicap is stiff. BEATRICE won well and may be tried again. TAKE A CHANCE is best on handicap but the horse has disappointed so far?
EAT-SUDDEN IMPACT if favorite. TAKE A CHANCE –Place
6. LITTLE MASTER is the form horse with a good jockey. ASHWA PARINDA has been prepared and given a run. BLACK THUNDER may fight out, the gates were impressive. SANGREAL has an allowance jockey to place again.
ASHWA PARINDA-Both ways.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:03 AM
1. The race appears to have two serious contenders; ie, MARK OF GENIOUS who had won all the way under an allowance jockey and SIX GUN SMITH who is looking good in tracks and has a good dam. The other horse who could fight for money is YOU’RE ROCKING who was pulled by jockey in summers in STUD MUFFIN’S race.
SIX GUN SMITH-Both ways .
2. SILVER SCEPTRE and YOU’RE MY LIFE both placed for first time in their last respective runs and should be on the job being youngsters. CLASSICAL CHARM has run very poorly so far to be considered despite good tracks.SMART EDITION has the rider to attract attention, has tracked well also. CHAMPS ELYSEES has run some close races in early part of career and looks to be in fine nick.
3. ABNOBA is a speedy one with a rookie, has tracked well. SPARK OF SILVER has no tracks?, looks negative on comparison. SUPER GOLD may place, impressed in gates. SURE SPEED won well on initiation, was considered a decent type, has come back to form, can give the top jockey his first win on return from disgrace.
4. A straight fight between EMERALD and FLAMEBACK. EMERALD has run with better types, has a nasty habit of swishing the tail. Other horses have no good jockeys or tracks or form.HARD TO PIN DOWN is tracking well, the jcokey is below par.
5. EINSTEIN is aged but has beaten good types before and looks better than other aged ones here. SOBERANO comes at par with the first mentioned but has a lousy jockey. CHINTZ has speed, the jockey is good and has won on this one last time, distance is sharp. STRING ALONG goes for a prepatory race for richer races hereafter, the present distance and the handicap according to me does not interest me at all. Another big negative factor is that the owner likes to take negative bets on his horses if odds are short.
EINSTEIN-Place or EAT-STRING ALONG
6. EAGLE CLAWS had started her career impressively, beaten SIACHEN, may be in a made up race, then gone out of form. Present tracks are suggestive of fine form, can win. JUNO is a good one from this mediocre sire, has speed to worry all. BUGATTI has gates problems, the jockey does not install any confidence. MOOVES GOODENOUGH was never in the fray at Mysore, can upset.
JUNO-Place or EAGLE CLAWS-WIN
7. YOU’RE KISSES DUE looks in top condition from tracks, has a strong jockey, weights are a worry. MR AMBASSADOR will like the underfoot conditions as also BATON ROUGE who is badly out of handicap. GLITERATTO is a moody one who is tracking well and has handicap in favor.
JODI— YOU’RE KISSES DUE X GLITERATTO
8. MISSY MOONLIGHT has not raced for long, may have been discreetly prepared. SKY DRIVE is working well. NECTAR CROWN has problems, does not look fit to me. ALLEGRO may place again.
MISSY MOONLIGHT-Both ways.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:55 AM
1. The need to reap in benefits when horse is in form is apparent in the case of KEMROCK. Too soon after the last two wins and the backbreaking weight are negatives. FIRE CRACKER is a speedy type who has been given an easy run, has the allowance jockey to deliver. SECRET AFFAIR had won his last start in Mumbai, has a handicap chance, the trainer is most unreliable, watch?
FIRE CRACKER-Both ways.
2. NONIOS is a similar case of trying to cash in form, the present trip is very sharp. LITTLE MASTER ran well enough to be in consideration again. BENEDICTUS with this rider is best left alone. QUAND MEME can run a forward race.
3. QUALITY ASSURANCE ran a poor race last time. RED CAT has tracked fast and ran well enough to be considered here. THE ROCK has spent last year in wilderness, can start winning again as he is definitely much better than these pretenders.
4. REAL SCOTCH is running on all race days and has some form to go by. CHARG AWAY has been well prepared and given a run. BEACH RAIN comes into reckoning on last run, doesn’t compare favorably with REAL SCOTCH though, has age on side.
5. YOUTHFUL REACTION had led well till the last 300 m in last run, this rider can take him all the way. ELEGANTIA ran well enough in last attempt to be in contention. Ignore the last run of GO WITH THE FLOW, has a good chance in this set up. IMAGINE is the best performed of the last season, has been denied tracks for fitness.
YOUTHFUL REACTION- Both ways.
6. JOVIAL was an easy winner, has a stiff penalty. YOU’RE THE TOUCH was an impressive finisher in last run, should do well now. LILY looks doubtful over this trip. MASTER BLASTER is tracking well, has the fly in jockey.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 11:06 AM
1. ODDS N EVENS is bred for speed, has been given an easy run. CLASSIC N MYSTIC ran a forward race and is at an attractive handicap. GREEN RIBBON trounced the field in a good attempt and is at low weights now.
CLASSIC N MYSTIC-WIN
2. KEMROCK was an impressive winner and a good gamble for the connections, the horse can definitely repeat as he has come to hand. POWER HOUSE was a notable runner in last 3rd to POMMERY. MASTER SPEED has a good apprentice rider and will be in demand in the ring as the connections are doing very well this season.
3. SILVER GIRL may build up on last effort. BEST OF LUCK is working fast. MURBAN is down in scales, has worked well and can upset. GREEN SEALS has a lousy jockey. TALENT CRAFT is unreliable type, the tracks are suggestive.
EAT FAVORITE. MURBAN-Place
4. JEWEL STAR is impressive in works, has been forward runner. PERPETUAL GLORY is a well bred who could not be sold by the breeder and hence is racing here, may be having flaws, won at the end of the season in a bunch of ordinary runners. Not worth investing on. BACHA QUERO is a costly purchase gone bad case, may run well in opener.
5. GLORIOUS BOY has a rookie riding after the last try. FEARLESS TIGER has been prepared and then placed in last run, can win now. AIR FORSE ONE will be ridden on suffering once again, should place. MAUTHARMA was a poor runner last time, made to run again so soon?
6. OEF TOUBA was a decent 2nd to SHUBH SHUBH who defied the penalty to win handsomely again, the deduction is obvious. The rival should be SUBROOS who goes at bottom weight after some good preparation. The well bred REAL SMASHER may be out for a feel only. SPLENDID MAN does not measure up against SUBROOS based on previous encounters.
OEF TOUBA -WIN
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 10:26 AM
PERFORMANCE OF SIRES FOR THREE YEAR OLDS IN 2010
1. The 2009-2010 season culminated with the last race held at Hyderabad on 25th of Oct. Racing activity sees a total break at all centres except for Delhi which has a most backward approach towards the sport due to reasons unknown. Apart from the plum events during the winter season, interest of race lovers will be on the juveniles who will be initiated in racing at all centres . In fact a couple of races for the juveniles have already taken place during the last few days of Pune season. The break of a few days provides us opportunity to have a look at the performance of the sires in the year gone by, specially with reference to the three year olds which is a pointer to the young stock of two years who will be initiated to the tracks in the coming winters. A good number of two year olds are already working in the morning tracks and would be active soon on the turf.
2. The early value of a juvenile race horse is primarily judged from the Sire’s potential and established record with the previous crops and his potential to produce classic/graded race winners. The focus remains on winners in the early part of the season as winners of maiden races can then on progress for the tougher competition and higher classification .Sires are known to provide early winners or precocious stock and are preferred for this important trait of theirs. The structure of racing in India provides for such early juvenile winners to pick up better stakes than when they race in handicap races. Hence a lot of attention is given to the Sires who perform well with offspring’s who come to hand quickly and promise more achievements in early stages of their career.
3. Let us now take a look at the performance of the sires for the three year olds during the gone by racing calendar. A total of 1497 live foals ( 56 are got abroads) were reported for the year 2007 by the stud Book Of India publication “Return Of The Mares” and due to various causes a small percentage of these did not race. Out of these about 125 foals from stud farms catering mainly for Chennai and Ooty racing centres from the 5 sires located in that zone ( ALWAYS A RAINBOW, FOYER, MAGISTRETTI, PREDAPPIO and STAR SUPREME ) are not being considered as coverage at these centres is not reported by media and the racing activity is insignificant there. In rest of the country about 365 of these three year olds (listed against their respective sires) have gone on to win races, a small percentage indeed.
4. A total of 142 sires have sired the crop of 2007 out of which 38 sires stood outside the country and the foals were got abroad. 53 resident and 18 standing abroad sires have got winners so far. For record sake as of date 122 registered sires are located in various stud farms and private yards.The details of the winning sires are discussed hereafter. The number of winners and the total produce are given in brackets. The black type winners are listed in capital letters and the black type performers are in slanted italics. The number of wins of more than one race are given in brackets against the names respectively.
1. AJAAD (4/15)- Diamond Caves(2), Buggati (2), Alexander Square(2) and Super Gold(2).
2. ALNASR ALWASHEEK(15/38)- STRING ALONG(4), AWARDING(2), Rapture of Victory(4), Foreign Exchange , Sun Elegance, Andromaque, Ballibay, Smart Ways, Golden Quest, Blackjack(2) Elite Land, Running Sun, Alybro, Angel’s Pursuit, and Ashwa Prerna.
3. ANSBACH(2/7)- Laguinnas and Flying Majesty.
4. BEE’S PROSPECTOR (3/25)-Breaking Mould, Kryptonite and Energetic Girl(2).
5. BRAVE ACT (9/25)- Aztec Gold(2),Awesome Iindian (2), Princess Nero(4), Archer(2),Love Conquers All (2 ), Rezoom (2) Soviet Melody , Camorra and Crown Vision.
6. BURDEN OF PROOF(15/33)- APRILLIA(4), TSAVORITE(3), SIACHEN (2), Carla , Ciel Indianne, Bucethalis (3), Sweet Caroline(2),Eagle Claws (2), Supremacy (2), Abnoba (2), Corvette, Dutchess of York, Saddle Chief, and Clear Mandate.
7. CASE LAW(4/22)- Moheena, Winning Desire(2), Rasili and Fearless Mission.
8. CHINA VISIT(14/33)- MOONLIGHT ROMANCE (3), XISCA(3), Sunlight(3),Sky Train(2), Star of Roses(2), Saloni(2), The Leader, Sun Dancing, Perpetual Glory, Hillary, Born To Fly , Ocean Admiral , Star Invitation, Icon and Young Sapper.
9. CLASSIC TALE(1/2)-Dancing Blaze.
10. DANCING BEGGAR(3/9)- Jewel in The Crown (3), Aspire (3) and Regal View.
11. DIFFIDENT(20/40)- SUPERIOR QUEST (4), SCIONIC (2) , VIJAY MONARCH (2), Sunspirit (2), Serenity (2), Keringdinghan, Viva La Diva , Star Future (4) Ocean Wish (3), Hard Kingdom(2) The Darling Boy (2) Mark of Genius, Cuba Libre, Conquistarose, Ocean Legacy, Ocean Oddessey, Black Knight, Mystic Dawn, Spark of Napoleon and Ashwa Prahar
12. DON MICHELETTO(4/15-) MagicMillion, Don Valentine, Sun Dawn and Arcturus.
13. DUJA(6/19)-Chnatilly Jewel, Xavier, Lily, Persian Lily, Flashy Conquest and Part Time Lover.
14. EL JOHAR (7/25)- Must Be Magic(2), My Fair Lady(2), Chayanandan, Dazzle, Glengyle, Sterling Cruise and Ajayjeet.
15. EMERALD CAT (21/59)- SIRONO(2), MACCHUPICHU(2), Secret Love ,Make My Day, Spark of Desire(2),A Move To Remember(2),Spark Of Harmony(2), Titlist (2) Cationic(2) Sparkling cat(2), Illustrious(2), Roman Legion, Flash Of Emerald, Dance N Celebrate, Black Super Star, Delphi, Brutus, Emerald, One Cool Cat, Scarlet Knight and Emerald Valley.
16. EPICENTRE(13/39)- Jabel Queen(2), Rich Radiant(2), Airborn Magic(2), Daxia(2), Striking Gold(2), The Kohinoor(2), Drayton, Chief Justice, Crown Castle, Star Of Hyderabad, Indian Epic , Rose and Gabriel.
17. FLITCH (7/18) -Dancing Beauty (3), Armador (2), Flying Jewel (2), Alamara, Beautiful Life, Legendary Hero and Wild Ppower.
18. FOREST GAZZELE(1/7)- Silver Guest
19. FANTABULOUS KING (1/5 )- Gunpowder.
20. GASWAR (17/35)-IMMENSE(4), Kohinoor Wish(5),Astounding Gallop, Malabar Prince, Aloisia(3),Portatone (3), sunny’s Secret (2), Samsonite (2), You’re An Aeton, Deepanjali, Good Shot, Pluto Queen, Rocket Ball, Al Saraah, Mandira and Day Trader.
21. GLORY OF DANCER (13/34)–NAPOLEON(3),ELOISE(3),BEAUTIFUL STRANGER, AgentArchie, Batista(2),Aliyana(2), National Glory, Rigel, Dear Henry, Nessie, Glorious Invention and Elizabeth.
22. GREENSMITH (3/18)- Inspired Move(3), Aspring Star and Friendly Equation.
23. HAMMERSTEIN (3/15)- Classic Nymph, Pegasus Belle and Runjeet.
24. HURRICANE STATE –(10/44)-Con Artiste, Flying Tricolour(2), Ashleen State(2), Skyliner, Missoni, Stormy Red, Abroath, Cape Ferrat, Alisa and Foswell.
25. HYMN(7/31)-Kuchipudi (2), Commanding Heights(3), ,Zaracha(2), Master Blaster(2), Young Soldier(2), Antares and Askioz.
26. IKHTYAR(8/37)-Golden Queen(2), Berlusconi(2),Sky Diver(2), Carousal, Kilimanjaro, Petra, Walk Of Life, and Zoffany.
27. INHABITANT(8/28)- Rosemead(2),Petradura, Enchanted, Star Infinity,, Reinstate, Intizara , Sterling Silver and Jaldi.
28. INNER CITY (4/30)-Behram(3), Regal Classic(2), One Life To Live(2) and Perseverance.
29. INTERNATIONAL (3/11)- Happiness, The Himalayas, and Rising Rainbow.
30. ITAQUERE POWER (8/44)-Juno(2), Guiding Light(2) , Vijay Trishul (2),Sun Strikes(2) , Zoombastic, The Big Blast, Montedoro and Recharged.
31. JUNIPER (7/22)-Ice Mountain(2), Ashwa Panna (2), Spark Of Silver(2), Citrali(2), Stud Mufin, One For The Money and Deccan Pearl.
32. KLY GREEN (2/9)-First and Foremost (2) and True Future.
33. MAJOR IMPACT (7/23)-Bullet(2), Dance To The Tune(2), Aqualina, Crowned Princess, Lunar Quest, Sexy Eyes and Stormette.
34. MISCHEVIOUS MUSIC (6/13). My Tyson(3), Endurance(2), Island Rhythm(2),Pure Power, Its My Party and Star Of Desire.
35. MR MELLON (12/31)-Amoresque (3),Secret Fire(4) Zafayona (2), Keynote(2), Flower Of Music(2) , Oceanic Wind, Blue Mellon, Spanish Sahara, Sun Salvador, Proud Star, Oceanic Wisdom and Spark Of Galaxy.
36. MUDEER (2/10)-Dixie Bell(2) and Dimsum.
37. ONTARIO (19/60)- Ashwa Paarth (3), Rock It(2), Odds and Evens(2),Friendly Bond(2),Mystic Knight(2),Rio Grande(20, Star Of Killarney(2), Sun Control(2), Real Smasher(2), Arielle(2), Libery Ship, Star Experience, Sky Empress, Solid Gold, Ocean Power, Mystic Enchantress , Art Connoisseur and Queen Of Court.
38. PLACERVILLE (15/51) –HALL OF GLORY(4),MAGESTERIAL(2), Orient Glory(3), Ordained One(2), Record Breaker, Aryaveer (2),Dream Deal, Spark Of Atan, Ocean Emperor, Swift Star, Work Force, Star Of Venus, Heiress, Star Symphony and Samiel.
39. PENINE RIDGE (3/4 ) –Braavo(2),Yamas(2) and Hadrian.
40. PUERTO MADERO –(4/18)-Pathfinder(2), Sky Glider, Flame Back and Jaanvi.
41. RAMBUS (1/2)-Craven Cottage.
42. RAZEEN (9/22)-ALICE SPRINGS(3),Star Warrior(2),Star Empire(2),Power Colours(3), Avesco(2), Camacho, Sunstone, Athabasca Star and Sun Bird.
43. ROYAL GLADIATOR (10/32) –Deep Blue Sky, Methodical(3)Gift Of Love(2), Genius Empess (2), Red Passion(2), Royal Shaan, Tempus Fugit, Valahak, Moves Goodnight and Royal Prodigy.
44. ROYAL KINGDOM (7/25)- SU CHALIYO (2), SUN KINGDOM (3), Moon Star, Royal Highness(2), Starry Glow, Dante Rossti and Pallazio Grazzoli.
45. SERIOUS SPENDER (2/13)-Couleur Rouge(3) and Devil’s Advocate.
46. STEINBECK (1/3)-Nobel Glory.
47. STORM TROOPER (3/9)-Star Trainer(3),Laserre and Cascading Glory.
48. SENURE (10/23)-Ice Bound, Starrer, Debonnaire Girl, Khursaniyah, Xterme, Heat Haze, Banana Boy, Light My Way , Cest La Vie and Venus Rosewater.
49. SUSSEX (4/17)-Bala’s Glory(2), Fine Racer(2), Star Prospect(2) and Sure Speed .
50. TIROL (3/16)-Royal Saga(4),Elzaan (2) and Lambourn.
51. TEJANO (1/ 3)-Yas Marina(2).
52. WARRSHAN (8/27)-Fleet Commander(2), Bayberry(2), Unleashed (2) , Ocean Sonata, Moon Farer, Glorious Lady, Oasis Knight and Native Lady.
53. WHITE CROWN (1/9)-Mafia Chief.
SIRES WHO HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE ANY WINNER
54. AVENGING ANGEL (1)
55. BLACK CASH (3)
56. BLUEGRASS PRINCE (4)
57. CONCORDIAL (10)
58. CONQUERING HERO (1)
59. DAHYAH (2)
60. DARK NILE (5)
61. ENRICO (1)
62. FACT FINDER (2)
63. FOREST FAIR (1)
64. JOHN BALLIOL (13)
65. JOINT ACCOUNT (3)
66. LIBOR (9)
67. MASTERMIND (1)
68. PROTÉGÉ (2)
69. REACH THE GOLD (1)
70. ROSMINI (3)
71. SAN FRANSISCO (7)
72. SIR BORDEAUX (2)
73. SIZZLING MELODY (11)
74. STAVROS (1)
75. VALID CONCEPT (1)
76. YOUNG SENOR (8)
(a) . DIFFIDENT has been the most well performed of the lot this year. In his eighth crop he continues to be precocious and versatile. Limitations of stamina is a factor which may deny top labels for his crop. He may get some speedy ones to perform like KERINGDINGAN or STAR FUTURE in shorter versions.
(b) PLACERVILLE and RAZEEN, the two top sires (Hall Of Fame Sires) during the last decade are both aging and the crops are on the decline. One needs to wait for the impressive MAGESTERIAL to come up trumps on the big scene. CAMACHO impressed a lot in his last win and can come up as he has staying abilities in abundance. STAR WARRIOR and STAR EMPIRE have not lived upto the initial promise.
(c) AL NASR ALWASHEEK (Hall Of Fame Sire) continues to be impressive and has stated to go up on the stud farms higher rated Placerville. STRING ALONG & BLACKJACK needs to be considered for progress.
(d) EMERALD CAT has emerged as the impressive sire, his produce is precocious and speedy. He is yet to produce a classic type, MACCHIPICHU is the one who has scope.
(e) BURDEN OF PROOF (Hall Of Fame Sire) has produced flock of winners but does not appear to have any serious classic contender, SIACHEN is a classic hopeful. CARLA, CLEAR MANDATE and EAGLE CLAWS are progressive in outlook.
(f) CHINA VISIT is consistent, has produced some useful off springs, MOONLIGHT ROMANCE is a good one.
(g) GASWAR has done very well in last couple of years. IMMENSE is on the up and KOHINOOR WISH is the most prolific winner so far. ASTOUNDING GALLOP is showing some promise.
(h) GLORY OF DANCER will be prominent in winters on hard surfaces, ELOISE and BEAUTIFUL STRANGER in top competition will do well. ELIZABETH is an impressive sprinter.
(i) IKHTYAR’S produce should be watched with interest, they are on the up, BERLUSCONI , PETRA and KILMINJARO should do well.
(j) ROYAL KINGDOM is another consistent one, SUN KINGDOM and PALLAZIO GRAZOLI have capabilities.
(k) MAJOR IMPACT, MR MELLON , SENURE and WARRSHAN will have there share of fine sprinters, they have limitations of stamina in their blood. STORMETTE, STARRER and KHURSANIYA are appealing.
(l) ONTARIO who has done very well in last few years does not have any outstanding runner this time though his share of winners in sprints will always be appreciable.
(m) STEINBECK (Hall Of Fame Sire) has aged and hardly gets to cover mares.
(n) The freshman sires of the last couple of years have been quite ordinary. The good one EMERALD CAT passed away early, EPICENTRE appears to be one who has a fair share of winners and belongs to a stud which has done very well at Hyderabad and the crop of this stallion appears to be following the trend. HURRICANE STATE has performed pathetically in monsoons, needs to be given time though I feel his crop will not get longer distances. INHABITANT has been pretty mediocre. ITAQUERE POWER and SUSSEX may get winners at lower centres like Delhi/ Kolkata etc.
FRESHMAN SIRES FOR THE YEAR 2010-11
(a). DANEHILL STAR By Danehill x Princess Tracy/Ahonoora has a ltd crop of 8 foals to make any impression in the first year. The sire has a strong male line being the grand son of NORTHERN DANCER and has the prolific sire of the sires DANEHILL .
(b). EUROPION by Nuryev x Cinnamon Rose / Trempolino looks quite ordinary in breeding. The racing performance is good and he has a small crop of 19.
©. IMTIYAZ by Woodman x Shadayid / shaded is a well bred and decently performed sire who comes to a top farm and should evoke a lot of interest as he is likely to replace STORM TROOPER who was quite average performer at a stud which is feeding racers at the prime racing centres. The sire has done well by winning over 1400-2100 metres and is a sturdy performer on the European race tracks.He has a reasonable crop of 21.
(d). MAMBO MINSTREL by Mr Prospector x Minstrella /The Minstrel has average credentials and belongs to a stud farm with ltd potential. He has 17 foals in first crop.
(e) . OATH by Fairy King x Sheer Audacity/Troy has already had two runners on the track due to early arrival of the foals. The sire is a stayer who won Epsom derby and had ltd success in stud duties at Japan. The sire looks good to me and like most other sons of the incomparable NORTHERN DANCER should be watched with lots of interest as he has a large crop also. Plus he is likely to get some well bred mares at the famous stud. The stud farm has shown faith in him as he has a large crop of 40 foals.
(f). QUEST STAR by Broad Brush x Tinac / Manila could not sustain the change and passed away after a short tenure at stud duties at the uncomfortable locales of Rajasthan. The sire was a versatile racer and a stayer to the core. The breeding is quite ordinary as there is nothing much from the grand sire side. He has 24 foals.
(g). REBUTTAL is by Mr Greeley x Reboot / Rubiano. In bred to Mr Prospector the grand son of the famous GONE WEST has a fairly large number (41) of foals. The performance of the sire is average and the first crop has its task cut out to prove themselves here.
(h). SUNDAY DOUBT by Sunday Silence x Pas De Response moved into a stud farm of repute which has been dogged with uncertainty due to loss of sires at regular intervals. The crop of late grand son of HALO should be of interest as he was from a very well established stout male line which has always been the main criteria of imports at this farm. The cross with GRAND DAM of Northern Dancer is very encouraging and may nick well with the available dams here.
Posted by Sarat Sharma at 1:21 AM